real time web analytics
Report - - Spiller's Flour Mill, Hull | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Spiller's Flour Mill, Hull

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
FINALLY! How I have waited to get the chance to explore the silo building at Spiller's Hull...! I decided that I just could not leave it much longer so I made the two hour drive to old Kingston Upon Hull with only one goal, the roof of the mighty silos. My stomach was full of butterflies when the mill's flagpole rose up out in front of me as I made my way closer! Access onto the site was extremley difficult, and after some fumbling around I found a clown's pocket into the mill. I was nothing short of amazed at how much remained inside. The mill's interior has changed little form the days of wooden cased machinery and hand stencelled lettering. My heart was beating like mad when I reached level 10 at the top of the silos. The conveyer system is all still in place, with it's iron wheeled carts. The typical round windows, found at any Spiller's mill offered great views, and cast round patches of yellow sunset light across the floor.

The view from the roof is EPIC... Spillers is one of the tallest structures in Hull, so the view is of the whole city, the rivers and beyond. A truley amazing place to enjoy a Humberside sunset. I cannot say how glad I am that I've finally put this to bed. I'm sad such a cathederal of industry is to be destroyed, but at least I have seen and photographed it first!

Spillers2.jpg

Spillers1.jpg

Spillers.jpg

Spillers16.jpg

Spillers15.jpg

Spillers23.jpg

The decoration found on most of Spiller's mills
Spillers22.jpg

Spillers21.jpg

Spillers20.jpg

Spillers19.jpg

Spillers18.jpg

Spillers17.jpg

Spillers13.jpg

Spillers12.jpg

Spillers11.jpg

Spillers10.jpg

The tunnel that linked the silos to the brick part of the mill.
Spillers9.jpg

Spillers8.jpg

Spillers7.jpg

Spillers6.jpg

Spillers5.jpg

Spillers4.jpg

Spillers3.jpg

U

uksweetheart

Re: Spiller's Flour Mill, Hull REPORT

Hi guys, I was at the demolition yesterday and here is a photo of the demise of the mill :(

demo.jpg