real time web analytics
Report - - Spode Pottery, Stoke On Trent | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Spode Pottery, Stoke On Trent

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
mbc7t very kindly PM'd me as he had official access to the historic pottery factory, which closed it's doors forever 13 weeks ago. An ex worker, he made an great guide and explaned the workings of the plant, along with fag hidey holes and the personal touches that make these old places so great.

Spode have royally fucked over stoke... shutting a profitable factory to move production abroard. I hope it finishes them... The brand is sold on it's long history. There is no history in making stuff on the cheap and then still trying to sell it as quality is there??

Spode is huge, easily as big as Doulton, if not bigger.It is a mix of styles and eras, which adds loads of charactor. Whats more, because it's been shut less than 6 months, loads of equipment and machinery is left, along with moulds and ware by the pile!!

Cheers to mbc7t, thoroughly enjoyed my night!

Spode24.jpg

Fine chimney, which I'm told will be demo'd:mad:
Spode23.jpg

Spode22.jpg

Spode9.jpg

Spode8.jpg

Spode7.jpg

Miss Wood was a dolly bird apparently!!
Spode6.jpg

Spode5.jpg

Spode4.jpg

Most of the machinery was produced in Stoke... pottery machinery for the home of the pottery industry. With the industry in tatters, many of these firms are long gone.
Spode3.jpg

Spode21.jpg

Spode20.jpg

Spode2.jpg

Spode19.jpg

Spode18.jpg

Spode17.jpg

Spode15.jpg

Spode16.jpg

Spode14.jpg

Spode13.jpg

Spode12.jpg

Spode11.jpg

Quite sad and reminds you there are poor sods in the dole line because of the loss of Spode.
Spode10.jpg

Spode1.jpg

Says it all... I loved this!
Spode.jpg