real time web analytics
Report - - St Botolphs Church Skidbrooke Lincolnshire Jan 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Botolphs Church Skidbrooke Lincolnshire Jan 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dan Dan The Urbex Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
St Botolph's Church is a redundant Anglican church near the village of Skidbrooke, Lincolnshire, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building, and is under the care of the Churches Conservation Trust. It stands in an isolated position in the Lincolnshire marshlands, about 7 miles (11 km) northeast of Louth, and to the west of the A1031 road.
The church dates from the early 13th century, with alterations in the 14th and 15th centuries, in 1854 and 1871, and during the 20th century. It was declared redundant in November 1973.
Over the years, rumours of paranormal activity and reported sightings of ghosts in the church have attracted ghost hunters and Satanists to the premises.

Periodically, evidence has been found of occult ceremonies; remains of animal sacrifices have been left in the church, candles and fires have been lit, and pentagrams and other symbols painted on the stonework. The Churches Conservation Trust have expressed dismay at the damage to the church fabric and acts of "desecration".

Explore: As with most churches access is very easy, once you've walked the path to the entrance, it's a straight walk in. It's open 24 hours due to having no windows or doors. Which is probably why satanists have entered at night. There was an eerie feel to it and I visited in the day. Didn't take that many photos here's what I did capture.