real time web analytics
Report - - St. Briavels ROC post - November 2014 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Briavels ROC post - November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mobutu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Reposting because the image links no longer work on the original and someone asked to see them.

Despite the subrit report stating this post was locked we decided to give it a visit. We found the hatch covered in undergrowth but easily opened. The sealed tube for the bomb power meter was found after some digging around but the ventilation shaft was under thick brambles. The post was partially flooded with about 10cm of water throughout the bunker. The post was in a reasonable condition with many features still remaining such as two mattresses and the chemical toilet. The light (or indeed lack of it)was not ideal for pics so I apologize for some of the pictures

The St. Briavels ROC post of the Gloucestershire group was opened in 1961 and decommissioned along with many others in 1991

Unfortunately from what I've been told the post has now been sealed with a boulder so mine may be the last visit for a while

I0Au4gA.jpg

XjTJ9dj.jpg

6oMHfLW.jpg

9RI1Cc2.jpg

G3gijA3.jpg

Dxno0eD.jpg

u2yVsyB.jpg

If a mod could can my original post that would be helpful :)

Tocsin35

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
went here a few weeks back and its either just severely overgrown or been demolished I wasn't too sure

Mobutu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
went here a few weeks back and its either just severely overgrown or been demolished I wasn't too sure
I'd be surprised if it's been demolished, it's not an easy find in the undergrowth so may be worth another look in a few months