real time web analytics
Report - - St Cadoc's Hospital, Caerleon - May 2022 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Cadoc's Hospital, Caerleon - May 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Another stop on the May 2022 rambling tour of South Wales with @MotionlessMike.

Visited here back in 2016 (report), six years later it is barely any different. Ground floor areas are still for the most part in use, the upper floor has been out of action for a long time and is now just used for file storage. A cursory scan of the perimeter seemed to suggest that there are indeed other disused bits that would be interesting to see inside of, however access was not forthcoming at the time.

Highly recommended to any county asylum enthusiast, clearly on the small side compared to others but full of the features that you want to see.

Saint Cadoc's Hospital (Welsh: Ysbyty Sant Cadog) is located in Caerleon on the northern outskirts of the city of Newport.

The building was designed by Alfred J. Wood FRIBA, London and named after Saint Cadoc. Saint Cadoc's church is located in the town.

The hospital, which opened in 1906 as the Newport Borough Asylum, was built to accommodate up to 350 patients. Extensive outbuildings were later added on the site, but since 2005 the number of residents has been very small with the growing emphasis on care in the community.

St Cadoc's Hospital in Caerleon has been featured as a location of episodes in the BBC television programmes Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Being Human.

Grainy filmness for your viewing pleasure!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Looks a bit more stripped upstairs from those hazy days 13 1/2 years ago! I still love the upstairs corridors at this place, very rare.

To think it was meant to close in 2007/8! I think the fact its used as local trust HQ has kept it going somehow.

Last edited:

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
That's wicked never heard of that, and it's an asylum! Gorgeous film shots too, the colours of the building work really nicely there

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Its also in good condition here as they keep it heated, makes so much difference.
I guess they dont want it collapsing in on the live areas

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Looks a bit more stripped upstairs from those hazy days 13 1/2 years ago! I still love the upstairs corridors at this place, very rare.

To think it was meant to close in 2007/8! I think the fact its used as local trust HQ has kept it going somehow.

The only other one I can think that has them was Graylingwell

Liverpool Urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another stop on the May 2022 rambling tour of South Wales with @MotionlessMike.

Visited here back in 2016 (report), six years later it is barely any different. Ground floor areas are still for the most part in use, the upper floor has been out of action for a long time and is now just used for file storage. A cursory scan of the perimeter seemed to suggest that there are indeed other disused bits that would be interesting to see inside of, however access was not forthcoming at the time.

Highly recommended to any county asylum enthusiast, clearly on the small side compared to others but full of the features that you want to see.

Grainy filmness for your viewing pleasure!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Bloody amazing photos, what film stock did you use?

Who has read this thread (Total: 220) View details