real time web analytics
Report - - St Clements Hospital, Ipswich - 2013 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Clements Hospital, Ipswich - 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

One Flew East

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
140 year old asylum, the last in Suffolk, closes its doors for the last time.
So said this article from 2011: St Clements, The Last Victorian Asylum in Suffolk is Closing

A bit more recently in January this year suggests that there's a wrangle over the proportion of 'affordable' properties proposed for the site. Not being a local, I've no idea what is currently occurring there at this time, or whether the NHS still occupy it.

Visited with Laura, and this destination and the idea to pay it a visit was her work entirely, and I take no credit for it. My contribution was to sleep extensively in the car and failure to notice that we were heading the wrong way up the A14 on the way home.
It was quite fun, actually and was nice to have a look around.

This is one from the archives; it transpires that we were jumping the gun a little (not for the first time, in my case) in that there were still a few people working there. What we did see bore more the characteristics of NHS administration usage, rather than hospital, though. No theatres, morgue slab shots, or owt like that. Lights etc, are on, so be warned - No peeling paint either.

StClementsHospitalIpswicha001_zps7eff5e49.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha002_zps727028ba.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha003_zps1bbec0d1.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha004_zpse6dc011f.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha006_zpsee7d5dd4.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha007_zps6923068b.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha008_zps49e109c7.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha011_zps3ce81cc4.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha016_zps97e2ff67.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha017_zpsa9a4906c.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha019_zps6beebcec.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha020_zps0cdbfca6.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha022_zps1c5fc311.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha025_zps94cad2c0.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha027_zps41bbf2b3.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha028_zps3f3b0e7d.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha031_zps40f57d6a.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha032_zpse30c1df4.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha046_zpsff0d871f.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha048_zpsf62356eb.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha050_zpsa5309032.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha054_zps8f86528c.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha059_zps8d040623.jpg

StClementsHospitalIpswicha052_zpscb6a7d57.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Looks much the same as it always has. Like you say nothing good in there. Im just hoping once it does go proper empty there might be a St Andrewseque room of epic hidden up somewhere on site.

One Flew East

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I severely doubt that there's much to be found there. There was a mound of fixtures piled up by the bins when we went.
Possibly a vintage biro, or paperclip in years to come? There's always the basement of course.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I severely doubt that there's much to be found there. There was a mound of fixtures piled up by the bins when we went.
Possibly a vintage biro, or paperclip in years to come? There's always the basement of course.

Yeh, St Andrews annex was just like this place tho. Totally converted to Admin use and modern as hell. Still contained one room full of amazing documents that surpassed anything found in all other asylums put together. you never know!

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
nice one mate.
havent seen this one before.
hopefully it will mature a bit over next couple of years ;o)

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Yeh, St Andrews annex was just like this place tho. Totally converted to Admin use and modern as hell. Still contained one room full of amazing documents that surpassed anything found in all other asylums put together. you never know!

All that kind of stuff at St Clement's was in the basement tunnels. Packed up and taken to the archives - see below.
EDS_4970.jpg

Last edited:

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There (were) some nice shots here, but it 'looks like your popular' - any ideas when your bandwidth is being reset?

Can you also add some history to the report (people dont like clicking links to other sites) and title needs a month added too.

Cheers :thumb

sich73

28DL Member
28DL Member
I used to work at that hospital from 1999 until the wards moved into new units in 2011. It is still used for training & the IT team is based there. As the building is still very much used, I very much doubt the main building will get to the peeling paint stage. The front of the building is listed and the plan is to convert it to homes. Got some good spooky stories from my experiences of working there.

Night Sky Paranormal

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, if you still on this site I would absolutely love to hear from you about any of those stories for future Podcast!

Thank you
I used to work at that hospital from 1999 until the wards moved into new units in 2011. It is still used for training & the IT team is based there. As the building is still very much used, I very much doubt the main building will get to the peeling paint stage. The front of the building is listed and the plan is to convert it to homes. Got some good spooky stories from my experiences of working there.