real time web analytics
Report - - St David's Hotel, Harlech, June 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St David's Hotel, Harlech, June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Still catching up with the backlog - Day two of tumbles & @Idavoll 's big fuck off derpy trip around Wales. After a round of bacon rolls and yorkshire tea this was the first stop. I've been going to Harlech with the wife for the last 5-6 years I guess and always seen this place.. its just she's never let me explore it when we're on holiday. Sadly the place now is beyond fucked. In fact its a death trap in the main. It's hard to fathon how a hotel with one of the most *stunning* views in the country went tits up.

St. David’s Hotel was an Edwardian Era hotel in Harlech, Wales. The building was located on the A496, adjacent to Theatr Harlech (formerly called Theatr Ardudwy) on the campus of Coleg Harlech, and Royal St David’s Golf Club.

The St. David’s Hotel is based on proposals drawn-up in January 1907 by George Walton (Architect), a Glasgow School architect and contemporary of Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The proposals were subsequently revised in 1908, and the hotel was built in 1910.

In 1922, a devastating fire destroyed the interior of the Hotel, so that Walton’s original design commission has been lost.

The hotel closed in 2008 and has laid derelict since

There are few floors intact in this place.. its a wonder how the youth who've clearly 'fucked it up' in recent years haven't fallen to their death really.

167.jpg

159.jpg

150.jpg

095.jpg

122.jpg

137.jpg

088.jpg

078.jpg

090.jpg

106.jpg

099.jpg

Some more on the website here:
http://www.whateversleft.co.uk/leisure/st-davids-hotel-harlech

Last edited:

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Huh, I was thinking about this place last night and was going to do a search on it. Stayed here in the late 80s as a nipper. Any shots of the bar area?

Nice work :thumb

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
That's a nice looking building (on the outside). Interesting find, even if it is a little fucked inside.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Huh, I was thinking about this place last night and was going to do a search on it. Stayed here in the late 80s as a nipper. Any shots of the bar area?

Nice work :thumb

Not sure where the bar was given the general fuckedness of the place. There was a nice room in the basement with an almost semi circle viewing window... the floor above which I think was the main entrance had a couple of pool tables on their side so might of been that.. however that was one of the worst floors.. literally nothing but a few struts.

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Hmmm, can't recall it having the bay, but certainly had a pool table in a bit of an alcove with a set of stairs next to it. Ta for the memories.

Edit - Just checked a previous report. It looks like the area with the bay windows was the bar area, pool table n shiz.

Last edited:

Miss Drippy

Who?
28DL Full Member
This was also part of "Tumbles and Idavoll get attacked by bats" tour. Note to all, Tumbles is a pansy and doesn't like bats.