real time web analytics
Report - - St Ebba's Hospital, Epsom - 2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Ebba's Hospital, Epsom - 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Next up on the back catalogue of lock down boredom, St Ebba's. Not exactly legendary when it comes to the old asylums as it was a collection small and consisted of small villa's spread around the place. Due to this, not much of the site was seen as everything was normally buttoned up quite well, parts were still in use so wandering about looking for a way in wasn't an option and the service tunnels weren't large enough to navigate. This is a shame as after a day in the local archives some of the larger Villa's looked very interesting, including a light treatment room in the basement of a new female Linden wing. Going by how much was left behind in the buildings I did see, these would have been interesting.

We visited here couple times over the years, but its larger sister West Park vastly over shadowed Ebba's and we didn't give it the attention it probably deserved. All three visits were chilled affairs and when we came across Security on one visit, he really didn't give a hoot to our presence. The colony was eventually demolished around 2012, with a few the admin, water tower and Chestnut Villa being retained. Some Villas are still used as a hospital to this day.

DSC_4274.jpg

DSCF1828-resize.jpg

DSC_0096-resize.jpg

DSC_0105-resize.jpg

DSCF1921-resize.jpg

DSC_0135-resize.jpg

DSC_0160-resize.jpg

DSC_0087-resize.jpg

DSC_0081-resize.jpg

How to get around back in the day

1452291_10151765429436120_537500237_n-1.jpg

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
6th picture down is mine & Jackals names in stamps on the wall, seems like a life time ago that we were there breaking the code :)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Beautiful blast from the past - I believe demolition of some parts began as early as 2008, I know it was going on when I made my visits to West Park in 2009 hence why we never bothered with it.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
No its not! :P

I only ever went here once. One day when West Park was still on mega lockdown. It was just the random design of it that i didn't like. A colony but with no asylum like structure to it like WP or Runwell had. It didnt fit my idea of an asylum at all and probably still doesn't. It was much more like an idiot colony. Same problem as Harperbury and some of the Scottish 'asylums'. If it had been a normal design it would have been a fucking epic one tho, there was loads to see there.

Winchester

Nicht Normal
28DL Full Member
Park Prewett's tower wasn't much like St Ebbas'. It had a flat roof for a start, rather than a pitched one.

I really liked St Ebbas, it felt it was the sort of the place that not many people bothered with so there was more to discover than just see what others had. I recall wandering round there on cold, damp Sunday mornings pretty soon after I started exploring.

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
When we first went it was a exciting explore, half of it was still live and there was a patient screaming in the grounds, the wards were locked up but the underground pipe runs connected them so you had to use them to get round, security would do his rounds every half hour, we sat on the hospital beds waiting for him to walk past lol
There was a xray room as well here, I lost my photos from inside but still have some of the xrays themselves, I wonder if anyones got photos from inside there?
Speeds right though, when we went back years later and all the above excitement was gone it was just a pretty boring derp compared to the other big asylums, still good memory though.

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
@monk - there must be a load of photos hiding on people’s hard drives of some of these places that have never seen the light of day!

No its not! :p

I only ever went here once. One day when West Park was still on mega lockdown. It was just the random design of it that i didn't like. A colony but with no asylum like structure to it like WP or Runwell had. It didnt fit my idea of an asylum at all and probably still doesn't. It was much more like an idiot colony. Same problem as Harperbury and some of the Scottish 'asylums'. If it had been a normal design it would have been a fucking epic one tho, there was loads to see there.

yeah, I think that’s it. Everyone was used to being able to explore a huge complex of buildings at the normal asylums once access was found. Ebba’s was sporadically laid out, and over shadowed by WP&CH, which were far superior

Park Prewett's tower wasn't much like St Ebbas'. It had a flat roof for a start, rather than a pitched one.

I really liked St Ebbas, it felt it was the sort of the place that not many people bothered with so there was more to discover than just see what others had. I recall wandering round there on cold, damp Sunday mornings pretty soon after I started exploring.

hey winch, long time!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Great throwback there, I missed this one, dont know how or why now. But its good to see another take on it. Keep em coming. There are some great reports coming out:thumb