real time web analytics
Report - - St Edwards Home for Boys, Coleshill - May 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Edwards Home for Boys, Coleshill - May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Explored with Raddog and Sammydoublewhammy.

This was far more than we expected despite seeing loads of reports on the place. Sometimes it felt just like your average drylined converted hospital, or just a school, then suddenly the overtones of old-school asylum hunting... the stairwells, storerooms, lovely tiles, crazy rooflines and climbing through ridiculous windows that didn't lead anywhere. Definitely worth a few hours.

Externals, actually of a building we didn't get into, but the most photogenic from the outside...

DSC_3561.jpg

DSC_3563.jpg

Wooden stairs...

DSC_3502.jpg

Silhouette in a corridor...

DSC_3511.jpg

Chapel...

DSC_3513.jpg

"Where are you?"...

DSC_3519.jpg

The small hall used for plays, it was quite well equipped in it's day...

DSC_3521.jpg

DSC_3522.jpg

DSC_3527.jpg

Moving on, there was a large building pretty much set aside for storage it seems. No decent pictures of that but here's some shots from around the same place...

DSC_3528.jpg

DSC_3529.jpg

DSC_3533.jpg

and pretty much back to where we started. What does this remind you of...

DSC_3534.jpg

DSC_3538.jpg

Finally we heard in a previous report from Oldskool and co, that they found a new hospital, or part of it. Seems the hospital there is under care and maintenance. It certainly looks closed, but the grounds are quite well maintained. Give it time, we'll see more from there I'm sure. This was staggering. At first glance it looked like some crappy outhouse. Only when we were inside did we realise we were in a ward that could be almost opened to the outside world. Every bit of wall, was in fact a large door that would unbolt and swing outwards. I'm almost certain this was an old TB ward.

DSC_3544.jpg

"The perfect camera rest" or "Just what I needed"...

DSC_3545.jpg

Here you can see just how light the ward is, and how open it could be...

DSC_3547.jpg

And finally, An incredibly old wheelchair, in near perfect condition...

DSC_3556.jpg

And let's not forget...

DSC_3520.jpg