real time web analytics
Report - - St Peter's College / Rainsford School - Chelmsford, Essex - Aug 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Peter's College / Rainsford School - Chelmsford, Essex - Aug 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
History

Kindly pinched from Boomstick84’s report, thanks buddy… :thumb

St. Peter's was originally established as Rainsford High School in 1939. It was a Church of England voluntarily aided school situated in Chelmsford, Essex.

The school expanded over the years with the addition of a large science block in the 1960’s and a sixth form was later established (St. Peter's college) with the addition of a theatre and performing arts building.

From the 90’s the population of students began to steadily decline due to competition from other large competing schools in the area (Hylands, Chelmer Valley High, St. John Payne and the Boys County High). Along with the decline of the student numbers the exam results also began to plummet dramatically with only 8% of students receiving A*-C's between 2006 -2010.

Despite attempts to turn the school’s fortunes around it closed it’s doors for the last time in August 2011.

The Explore

Went along with fellow exploring gentleman Boomstick84 and slayaaaa. Major credit goes to slayaaaa for the site intel and trying to teach us how to climb! You can see their reports here:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/91451-St-Peter-s-college-Rainsford-high-school-Chelmsford-July-2014

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/91907-St-Peter-s-College-Rainsford-School-Chelmsford-Essex-Aug-2014

The site is quite ‘fresh’ so frustratingly well locked down – as mentioned in Boomstick’s report I was involved a daring jump into no mans land to get into an unexplored building– rewarded by the sound of an ear piercing alarm and being totally trapped! We all kept our bottle and sat tight expecting the worst which thankfully didn’t happen.

Managed to get round nearly the entire site – although many of the internal doors and external doors are locked tight which is annoying. Be prepared for a bit of climbing around!

The only building we couldn’t get in (despite major effort) was the science block. We got to a position above where it was possible to see the gas connectors for the Bunsen burners, but just no way in!

I’ve reviewed my photos carefully against the other 2 reports and tried to add some different dimensions where possible.

Entrance
0_zps57745fbe.jpg

Inside the Courtyard
1_zpsc6b91d4f.jpg

Security is quite relaxed…

2_zpsb744e514.jpg

Signage
3_zpsf693d0e6.jpg

Clock Tower
4_zpsd1f03dc1.jpg

Rear of Building
5_zpscfa9afaf.jpg

The Rainsford Theatre
6_zpsf42cea0a.jpg

Piano
7_zps088157c5.jpg

Broken Door
8_zpscfaf1695.jpg

Police Tape
9_zps6c153815.jpg

Gym
12_zps23d7393f.jpg

In the Library
13_zps2522d629.jpg

Library Shot from Mezzanine
14_zps8ae725e0.jpg

Roof Shots
16_zps0be45153.jpg

17_zpsc589372e.jpg

The grey science block building (we couldn’t get into)
18_zps42109579.jpg

Caretaker's Door
19_zps13958e95.jpg

Theatre Building
20A_zpsdd9cd675.jpg

A bit overkill?
20B_zps809d85f9.jpg

The Security Hut
20_zpseab7fab0.jpg

School's Out! Thanks for looking
21_zpsfabf5b05.jpg

Berserker

Back to it...
28DL Full Member
I tired this place the other day, was so hard to find a way in, and with security on site we were running around for half an hour trying to find a way in which just made our presence on the site ever so much more risky, so we left it, gutted.

DubbedNavigator

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went to school here. Doesn't look much different to now!

Did you manage to get into the south block? next to the main hall.