real time web analytics
Report - - St Peters Hospital/Botley Park Hospital Boiler House, Chertsey - Aug 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Peters Hospital/Botley Park Hospital Boiler House, Chertsey - Aug 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Started to write this when i was in self isolation, i got bored :thumb

I have often wondered what this place looked like inside. It always looked abandoned but always seemed to have cars parked outside it. I first noticed it back in 2012 , when i was visiting The Mortuary, which as it happens was my first report on 28dl.
So a few months ago i was back at St Peters Hospital, taking my daughter to A&E . Because of Covid restrictions i could not go into the hospital. So with nothing else to do while i waited, i went to check out how the Mortuary was looking. To my surprise i found it had been flattened ,such a shame. So as i was walking back i noticed the Boiler House looked abandoned. Fortunately i had my camera with me so i went for a gander .
I went and got a few photos of the outside and then went into the Boiler house. The basement turned out to be flooded, so i got wet feet, I returned with wellies and BHG and BBA.
It was really quite cool .
Unfortunately the whole place now looks demolished and fenced off :(

History
I have little in the way of any history. The Boiler house construction looks the same as that of The Botley Park Hospital which was built in the early 1930's so my best guess is that it was built for that . It was surrounded by buildings used by Botleys Park Hospital. Im not even sure if it ever supply St Peters Hostipal at all. Maybe someone has that infomation.
As with a lot of exploring , you are documenting our history just before it is lost forever.

Pictures

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I visited the mortuary quite a bit until it got completely trashed, I missed this. What a bummer, looks like a good explore too. So its now gone completely?

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I visited the mortuary quite a bit until it got completely trashed, I missed this. What a bummer, looks like a good explore too. So its now gone completely?
Yes it’s just a huge pile of rubble. It was probably gone a few months back. I walked in a few times in Aug and each time, more got demolished, including the chimney

Who has read this thread (Total: 299) View details