real time web analytics
Report - - St Teresa House, Plymouth - July 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Teresa House, Plymouth - July 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Threxxy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry, this mini-explore didn't really yield a diversity of photos but there wasn't much to shoot and I mainly went up to photograph Charles Church anyway.

So... I couldn't help but notice St Teresa House, the 6 story accommodation and retail building, on Ebrington Street had been invitingly scaffolded to the top floor...

0CYm9.jpg

I waited for a clear dry night and got my monkey on. To be fair, it was an easy ascent with ladders on each level. A few residents were still awake and had their windows ajar so ninja-level quietness was required. It was an early weekend night so there was a fair amount of pedestrian/vehicle traffic and, to top it off, the police station is only 200 meters down the road! I knew looked like a cat burglar and the planks were a bit rattly so my heart was pumping!

Anyway, I got to the top...

ekbEW.jpg

...laid down flat sniper style and snapped some pics of the 17th century Charles Church. The church is the second oldest in the city was bombed in WW2 leaving only the walls and spire in-tact. It is now the centre of Charles Cross roundabout and when approaching from Exeter Street it is framed by the frontage of Drakes Circus Shopping Centre.

FOv7Q.jpg

15ddd.jpg

srNRN.jpg

After seeing a guy standing at his window for ages and hearing sirens I got a bit spooked and decided to leave. Although there wasn't much to photograph it was a unique opportunity so not a wasted journey in my eyes!