real time web analytics
Report - - St Thomas Hospital Medical School. London. Febuary 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Thomas Hospital Medical School. London. Febuary 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
This was the 2nd visit of the day after having popped over to Thames steel. We got caught of guard there and ended up spending a lot longer there than we had anticipated. So that meant that this site we could only afford to spend 30 mins in, or the car would have been getting locked in a carpark in Upminster and there being no way home :(
Nice one to slayaaa for showing us around, and for the company for the rest of the day.. Top day exploring just like last time :thumb
So it was a bit gutting when we got there and the access was a closed up, but a little while later we were on the inside. When I saw this pop up online I though that looks cool and should pop down and have a look, and it did not disappoint at all. All I hop is that I can manage in another trip here and catch the sunset up the tower. I dont think that will disappoint at all.

HISTORY again thanks to slayaaaa

The building was part of St Thomas' Hospital which was established in 1173. According to historical records St Thomas's Hospital Medical School was founded in about 1550. It was admitted as a school of the University of London in 1900 but remained a constituent part of St Thomas' Hospital until 1948 when it formally became part of the university. In 1982 it merged with the medical school at Guy's Hospital to form the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals. In turn UMDS was absorbed by King's College London School of Medicine and Dentistry, but the dentists have since been split out into The Dental Institute.
Unlike the hospital which in recent times dropped the possessive "s", the medical school continued with the original spelling.

_MG_1468_zpsa76qqanj.jpg

_MG_1469_zps5bl9fzfu.jpg

_MG_1470_zpsxyzbx6sq.jpg

_MG_1471_zpsxe41nmmu.jpg

_MG_1472_zpssgpdxp7x.jpg

_MG_1473_zpsxnf6kga1.jpg

_MG_1474_zps747nbdkr.jpg

_MG_1475-Edit-Edit_zpstk56ztla.jpg

_MG_1478_zpskb29xf70.jpg

_MG_1480_zpsbcwsufkc.jpg

_MG_1482_zpskmxayccp.jpg

_MG_1483_zps22wh3unw.jpg

And in the end we made it back to the car with minutes to spare, so all in it was a good day :) See you again soon London​

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one man! Great pics, wayyy better my own. Was a good laugh the whole day so thanks again!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nicely done mate :thumb

Done it proud especially for such a short visit :)

That slayaaaa will jump in any strange mans car lol

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
I know... Picked him up on the side of the road at 0630hrs as well. Then dropped off again at 1900hrs... A lot can happen in that time lol

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don"t i know it, i had him Friday/Sat/Sun in Brummieland

Traumatised him going round with an old bloke swearing all the time lol

Good lad though, be even better when he can get served ;)

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
He was telling me what you animals were like, and he loved every min of it.. One year the meet will be on a date I can actually get to and not be on a photoshoot or something :)

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
Cheers buddy, for a flying visit and a bruise still on my gut nearly 2 weeks later I loved tis place.. need to get back down london asap I think, as I spied a few other cool looking places