real time web analytics
Stadion Za Lužánkami, Brno | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Stadion Za Lužánkami, Brno

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fremyjay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A little history on the place

The Stadion Za Lužánkami sits in the city of Brno, the second largest city in the Czech Republic. The stadium was constructed between 1949-1953 and in the 1960's to 1970's was the largest football stadium in the then Czechoslovakia. The stadium still holds the record for the highest attendance in the Czech first league, a match which took place between Brno and Slavia Prague in the 96-97 season. In 2001 Fc Zbrnjovka brno was forced to leave the stadium since it did not meet the FIFA criteria. Plans for the reconstruction of the stadium so the team could return failed due to financial concerns and the stadium gave in to nature with trees and bushes growing in the stands. Recently the pitch was cleared and now the pitch itself is used by the Brno youth team for practice and a plan for a £40 million overhaul has been unveiled but after the last failed attempt not much hope is held out for this once great stadium of one of the Czech republics largest teams.

The explore

Well this place was a chance location, I hadn't researched anywhere in brno as we was visiting family and had lots planned to do whilst we was there before returning to northern Czech. We headed out go-karting in an indoor circuit on an industrial estate, when leaving I glanced back behind us and noticed the stadium was covered in graffiti ( something I never noticed on the way into the centre) I asked my partners uncle about it and he explained it was derelict! Excellent! As I headed to the entrance one gate was broken down so we headed in, unfortunately I didn't have my camera on me but we planned to head back later in the week. Fast forward a few days and we were on the tram heading across the city back to the stadium this time with my camera! happy days! Or so I thought...…..when approaching the entrance we spotted a police car outside the entrance and a lot of people around doing their motorbike test in the carpark out front so we headed off and decided we would try again in the evening. We got to the stadium later on and low and behold the entrance had been sealed.....great.... we headed over to the other side where the pitch is open for the local team to play and the stands are easy to get into. After a while of shooting and my partner modelling for me we headed back around the front as I really wanted to hit the enclosed stand part of the stadium which is fenced up. After walking the perimeter we found a hole in a fence leading up to the external walkway under the top stand...…..We spent a while inside here talking photos and exploring until some dodgy guy appeared so we made a move as its been known for homeless and junkies to hang around and sleep in the undercover part.....unfortunately we never got to see inside but after sharing this on a local page the owner has come forward and told me next time im there he will let me in to have alook around the changing rooms and internal areas.... they are currently trying to raise money to have stadium renovated and the designs are all complete....if you are interested in more they have a page on facebook at For more info on the future of this stadium follow https://m.facebook.com/groups/437941756647466?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment

I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them

IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0174.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0369.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0431.png