real time web analytics
Report - - stainforth and hatfield or hatfield and stainforth station | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - stainforth and hatfield or hatfield and stainforth station

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

rob scott

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi with a hour or so to kill i thought i,d have a mosey down to hatfield and stainforth railway station to do an urban explore with a difference hatfield and stainforth station lies around 10 miles from doncaster on the hull and grimsby/ cleethorpes lines in fact further up is the junction where they split hull to the left and grimsby cleethorpes to the right but i digress.

hatfield and stainforth staion was built in 1866 as stainforth and hatfield station and the name reversed in the 1990,s during refurbishment

as you can see from the old picture it was a very busy little station with sidings serving the former hatfield colliery which ended production in 2015 unable to sell its coal due to carbon tax (maggies legacy lives on) although the pit heads are still there so i dont know if its awaiting demolition or mothballed in case it can be re opened should deep coal be required again yet theres produced coal being moved off site by lorry.

today the station is served by only northern rail with services to hull and scunthorpe eastbound and doncaster & sheffield westbound apart from a 06.10 to manchester airport and the 22.35 to cleethorpes run by first trans pennine that calls here .
a modern blue and yellow metal overbridge straddles the up/down line at the end of the platforms creating shorter platforms for the 2 or 4 car dmu,s that serve it a far cry from the class 31 and 11 coaches that used to call here on the saturdays only bridlington filey scarborough seaside specials or class 31 and 4 coaches heading for cleethorpes.

the 2 avoiding lines still run around the back of the platforms for the few freight trains that pass this way most go via the upgraded lincoln line via finningley or market rasen from immingham joining the lincoln line there and on to the ECML the former station building is now a storage facility for network rail and a single line and metal fence stand where the west bound sidings used to be
the colliery sidings on the eastbound side are still extant although rusted and overgrown awaiting the return of coal trains to hatfield colliery although the only coal trains that pass this way now are trains of imported coal from immingham with the whole station now having the bus stop or american feel of tory privatisation as another first trans pennine dmu scoots through the station heading to cleethorpes

picture description

1. eastbound viewing the former colliery & coal heap and overgrown sidings on the left
2, westbound view the other end of the former colliery sidings
3. a closer look at the eastbound overgrown sidings
4. a norhern rail 158 calls en route to the station
5. the over bridge viewed from the disused part of the platform if you look to the right it gives you some idea of how long the platforms were imagine a class 31 on saturday duty with a scarborough seaside special.
6 the eastbound side the trackwork has been re alighned and looking right and a single line and a metal fence
now exist where the extensive coal sidings were
7 the station,s name on the bridge which was reversed in the 1990,s
8 the former station in british rail days as a 101 type dmu leaves under clear semaphore signals for doncaster
9. the former station buliding part painted in a sickey pinkish colour is now used by network rail for storage

sh977eeb.jpg
sh8773a7.jpg
sh7ea9b9.jpg
sh615aed.jpg
sh5d1a1c.jpg
sh4a7b03.jpg
sh37dcff.jpg

sh10bb04.jpg
sh2ed048.jpg

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
GOIN TO POST ON THE URBEX SITE FAREWELL NUMPTIES!!!!!!!!!!!

I see you've been whinging on the chatbox, asking for your account to be deleted.

Don't take offence at what's been said, it's actually a very well researched report. The fact of the matter is it's just not what this site is about - as well as exploring, I'm also interested in Old Master paintings of the Flemish Baroque, but that doesn't mean I'd post a thread about it on here as it wouldn't be appropriate.

Take it on the chin, and next time focus your efforts about 400 meters to the east :p

Last edited:

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
...it's actually a very well researched report. The fact of the matter is it's just not what this site is about - as well as exploring, I'm also interested in Old Master paintings of the Flemish Baroque, but that doesn't mean I'd post a thread about it on here as it wouldn't be appropriate...

This.

rob scott

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I see you've been whinging on the chatbox, asking for your account to be deleted.

Don't take offence at what's been said, it's actually a very well researched report. The fact of the matter is it's just not what this site is about - as well as exploring, I'm also interested in Old Master paintings of the Flemish Baroque, but that doesn't mean I'd post a thread about it on here as it wouldn't be appropriate.

Take it on the chin, and next time focus your efforts about 400 meters to the east :p

nah mate you dont get the numpties on urbex anything goes and you,re appreciated on there

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
is he off to post on that forum whos name must not be mentioned..they will fucking love him..as numpties go this lot on here are top numpties and that's a fact