real time web analytics
Report - - Stallington Hospital (Hall) | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stallington Hospital (Hall)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visit with Oxygen Thief. 18th C manor house which was later converted into a mental hospital. I was really impressed with this place. I was under the impression that it was trashed, and part of it is. The other half of the hall oozes history and is still packed with original features. There is one room which has had a partial roof collapse. Other than the collapse the room is in superb condition, and is lined with beach or walnut panels and coloumns. In fact the coloumns are very similar to those in Queen Elizabeth Hospital main Hall, which was formally Bansted Hall. The main staircase has been damaged by fire which is a shame, but does retain a glass floor which acted as a skylight for the ground floor... a bloody good idea if you ask me.

The hall has suffered greatly in the 60's/70's by boxing in all the fantastic features. Many of the coloumns are boxed in, as are the fireplaces.

THhe other half of the hall is little more than a shell, but a fantastic place to explore.

DSC_0264.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Re: Stallington Hospital (Hall) REPORT

Few more... including the boxed in staircase we found, complete with banister and stair rods stacked at the top, fresh from removal!

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: