real time web analytics
Report - - Stapley water Gardens Cheshire | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stapley water Gardens Cheshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pointer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first report so I hope your kind to me time and I am definitely not a photographer but enjoyed exploring. The tropical oasis is part of a large garden centre and fishing centre. It has been open almost 50 years and owned by the same family. In its heyday it was a major tourist attraction in Cheshire with coach companies running day trips for hundreds of people. The water gardens were expanded to include the tropical paradise which this report is about. The site is active with the fishing centre very much open . The garden centre has just closed and the tropical paradise has been closed for several months we walked past several external cctv cameras but nobody came to look for us and I have tried to follow the rules and probably made a few mistakes on my post all advice is very welcome.

Large car park outside we were very cheeky and parked there

SDC12748.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't think of asking my mum and dad to come today

063.jpg

Just to give you an idea of what was is available here in its heyday

089.jpg

fortunately nobody was available to take our entrance fee

SDC12743.jpg

amazingly many plants are thriving after been neglected for several months

SDC12737.jpg

SDC12738.jpg

These areas are fountains planted borders banana trees among others

SDC12734.jpg

SDC12724.jpg

at the end of the fountain area was a stage which was used for a laser light show a lot of equipment remains

067.jpg

tropical fish cave
076.jpg

we then found our way to the tropical house after reading the sign we went prepared

064.jpg

SDC12715.jpg

seem self-explanatory with what was once swimming in the tank

080.jpg

this was the most overgrown area almost impossible to get through very hot and humid

065.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

leaving the tropical house we came to the reptile area thankfully all the previous tenants have been re-homed

062.jpg

083.jpg

SDC12711.jpg

SDC12713.jpg

then for an insurance quote we went to the meerkat enclosure

SDC12720.jpg

SDC12721.jpg

Just before we left there was one last door to try and we were amazed to find that in a building with no electric or water a computer up and running

088.jpg

I couldn't resist taking a chance but nothing was biting

072.jpg

It was a very popular wedding venue with large celebration room opportunity for guests to wander around the water gardens and outside facilities

074.jpg

we then made our way outside to the Italian Gardens which was the backdrop for wedding photographs

[
058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

sergeantcookie

28DL Member
28DL Member
Only ever visited this place once but the garden centre numerous times over the years as i have lived locally my whole life and now live 5 minutes walk away. Shame its gone, despite its popularity especially with the water gardens across the car park. As usual though they think building more houses is the answer. Great pics, thanks

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Really enjoyed looking at that. Not seen something like this before, good effort fellas :thumb

tim - (mule)

28DL Member
28DL Member
Man I have some great memories working at SWG, and some great friends, i miss the place loads. It would be cool if everyone who can posts pics of SWG at its best if that's poss?

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report :thumb been here with wife n kids years ago, anyone know if it's still standing?

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
just had a heads up off a mate who is local to this one and it is now a building site,demolition all done and 150 houses going up so no point visiting anymore:mad: