real time web analytics
Report - - Stockport workhouse-25/2/07 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stockport workhouse-25/2/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

romanian1

Visited with userscott and cass, under the cover of darkness, We'd sussed out where security were based and fairly secure in the knowledge they were sitting about doing fuck all, acquired access and started our explore.

As luck would have it we entered through the main Workhouse bit, the oldest part of the hospital and headed straight for the belltower.

(apologies for the photos, i had no tripod to start with and am just getting to grips with longer exposures and light painting, i learnt a lot this evening so hopefully next time the pics will be better)

DSCF0819.jpg

A first glimpse of the belltower

DSCF0761.jpg

Guess who, going up the belltower.

DSCF0763.jpg

the bell itself.

DSCF0757.jpg

original basin as seen on the stockport workhouse webpage.

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Stockport/Stockport.shtml

DSCF0772.jpg

Anyone for billiards? ( my first attempt at lightpainting, would have been ok if i hadnt moved the camera, still i quite like it anyway)Make sure you sign the visitors book in here(the chalkboard)

DSCF0752.jpg

Bars on the stairs to prevent suicides.

DSCF0780.jpg

Fantastic little feature in the ceiling.

DSCF0782.jpg

Rampaging ivy.

DSCF0783.jpg

Obligatory documents shot.

DSCF0793.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0833.jpg

DSCF0824.jpg

DSCF0836.jpg

DSCF0821.jpg

DSCF0803.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0842.jpg

The gym, right near security and it was shortly after this we were rumbled, i popped up in a window and must have been silouetted unluckily as we had no torches on at the time.

What followed was a swift chase back across the site to our access point pursued by two security guards, one of whom managed to catch my back with his torch, but that was as close as they got, theres nothing like a bit of adrenaline to suddenly remind you of the reverse route through an absolute rat run of corridors.

Great little site and one i have to return to, particularly as i missed the mortuary slab, but a very good explore nevertheless.