real time web analytics
Report - - Tempus Tower, Manchester - November 2013 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tempus Tower, Manchester - November 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Tempus Tower, Manchester - November 2013

Visited solo

Photo37_35-001_zps7b2b878e.jpg

The whole world and his wife has been up here at some point, a stalwart roof for Manchester folk it seems... except for me that is. Having topped well over 50 buildings in Manchester in my two years rooftopping the city, you learn to become a bit arsey about the ones you've missed out on. I'd previously been stopped at the door by a window cleaner with fishbrain, had the gate slammed shut by a cautious resident, waited an hour and half for someone to tailgate who never arrived, and been rained off once or twice too. I was half expecting an army of smurfs to stop me this time... or something equally ridiculous. Infact, I'd actually totally forgotten about it / given up on it completely... until, very recently, with no intention of trying it, I saw a young and in-love couple (s)mooching slowly toward the external gate late one night. This catalogue of error is probably the only reason I'm posting it now... probably to the fanfare of no one at all.

It's quite an unremarkable building architecturally, and one of it's four sides is inexplicably horrible to look at, it's like they accidentally took the wrong cladding with them the day they did that side. Then again, the roof is the best place to experience this building.

Completed in 2006 I think, and standing at 20 floors (64m tall), it sits just to the north edge of the city beyond the Irwell... so it's a great vantage point for views of the city centre, and one that I'm very pleased to have finally ticked off. No tripod, had to rest the camera on the corner of the roof.

Photo30_28_zps6f9c10e5.jpg

Photo31_29_zps798089f0.jpg

Photo32_30_zpsd0ca3eb4.jpg

Last shot on the roll... time for a selfie, a cigarette and a smile... and off to bed I go. As loved-up as the young couple I'd followed in.

Photo36_34-2_zps1aef8cc0.jpg

tweek
:Not Worthy

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details