real time web analytics
Report - - The Chequers Hotel & Pub - Horley - Nov 17 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Chequers Hotel & Pub - Horley - Nov 17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
The chequers comes in two parts, the pub which dates back to 1537! And the hotel which was opened during the 1800s, then later refurbished in the 1980s. During its life the hotel achieved a 4 star rating and the pub remained its centuries old local landmark value. However this all ended in 2013 when the chequers parent company went into administration, causing the loss of 117 jobs over the three sites they owned, including 50 losses at this site.

Today, the company ‘nine group’ have invested in a multi-milliom pound renovation for the hotel and pub to bring them back to their former glory. The work started in september and is expected to run for the next two years.

Fortunately the construction workers had not commenced work on the main site as of yet, only the small outbuildings, however the hotel has been stripped bare, leaving only its corridoors and window views that i found the have any value. The pub though still holds its historical beauty

Pictures
The pub first, being the highligt of the explore

t6lD0f7.jpg

fUW14cW.jpg

mcGm8sn.jpg

MRZttaS.jpg

lZZCKBg.jpg

4cxeg2q.jpg

FVChYzj.jpg

u3BW4TN.jpg

Staff area
c5K6iqt.jpg

DiSFCTs.jpg

mAUPDzc.jpg

bPSo0As.jpg

A modern looking presentation room, looked very out of place
N7TAlEX.jpg

5Y1SHon.jpg

t9USgoL.jpg

AHGzb52.jpg

h6O1604.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Good report, you got in there quick lol. No criticism at all. Your photos are better than mine and getting better. Love the comparison photos. The outside frontage, and the long corridors :thumb

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Good report, you got in there quick lol. No criticism at all. Your photos are better than mine and getting better. Love the comparison photos. The outside frontage, and the long corridors :thumb

I sometimes think to much is made of the photos, when as long as we see the building inside & out. The main bits and bits of interest, its nailed. We are explorers, its not a photography forum. JMO :D

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
looks really modern, and no attempt to take down signs or board up windows yet? Still looks open..

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey! I know i'm a little (about 2 years) late to this report but does anybody happen to know if this is still standing and worth visiting?

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
Hey! I know i'm a little (about 2 years) late to this report but does anybody happen to know if this is still standing and worth visiting?
Hey, when i made the report they had already started construction. Its definately not there anymore unfortunately

TeunM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey, when i made the report they had already started construction. Its definately not there anymore unfortunately
Sorry for the late response, have been quite busy. That's a shame to hear.. Thanks for the heads up.

Who has read this thread (Total: 179) View details