real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - The Crescent Cinema, Pontefract, September 10th 2016 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) The Crescent Cinema, Pontefract, September 10th 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

station

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I used to come to The Crescent as a youngster and passed it everyday on the school bus so have a bit of a soft spot for the place and was dying to have a snoop around.

A local heritage group are trying to raise funds to revive this awesome place to hopefully project films once more in the auditorium.
http://the-crescent.org.uk

It wasn't quite as ruined as I imagined it would be but still requires a fair amount of renovation and a fair chunk of cash to bring it alive again.

I appreciate this place has been done plenty over the years on various forums and I've sadly watched it slowly deteriorate as times gone by.

The guy who let us in mentioned the heritage group are totally pis$ed off with having to spend the dosh from their fundraising to reopen the place on patching up damage caused by 'Urban Explorers' who break in just to take photographs so please take note guys :)

Images taken September 10th 2016 on my Samsung S7

TVb8yoz.jpg

g26Mo1b.jpg

qsAoPqn.jpg

pWT6Dzu.jpg

4EoJceq.jpg

GHYRFKd.jpg

u5vtNHE.jpg

MniTBqg.jpg

UI4dPTu.jpg

jwm9Am0.jpg

cZU6kLf.jpg

6hciSDY.jpg

The seats will want a bit of a wipe down...

JLVjIwM.jpg

wB2vhEi.jpg

uOO6Pz8.jpg

PLy5r3U.jpg

Z1hnzbO.jpg

Nv4g2OF.jpg

xMS9bnx.jpg

DfKoiuH.jpg

HfnM585.jpg

I6RQWIa.jpg

AbaYkKC.jpg

oGDMwvy.jpg

y55VV9L.jpg

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would like to add it wasn't explorers that pinched the lead off the roof or smashed the windows that let the pigeons in or smashed the doors in for the copper etc etc.
After all it is in Pontefract and if it's not secured (which would have been very easily and cheaply done) it was always going to be a target for the thieving Tw@ts & Chavs.

I'm just surprised it's survived at all & nice to see an update :thumb hopefully they will sort it out before its reduced to Ashes or end up like Wakefield ABC

Edit I would have liked to see an update on the storeroom, where @The Amateur Wanderer spent about 2 hours alone inside with the door shut :eek:

Honestly for Ponte it"s survived remarkably well, especially in this current climate we live in. Hopefully it can be opened in some way again

Last edited:

station

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Totally agree ACID mate, I did have a bit of a chuckle listening to him when I looked round at the devastation caused by basic lack of preventative maintenance, its like blaming a lone cyclist for all the traffic jams on the M25 lol :)

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I might give them a shout and have a look myself. Looks like you got a good level of access for a permission jaunt..

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I drove by here today on my way to somewhere in Bradford and previously didn't know it existed. Nice to see inside.

Cjurbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i drove past this place today i didnt even know! lol i was looking for the masonic lodge and missed that too ! its fair hidden when you dont know where it is, are they still letting people in? would love to check it out :)

Robbo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A great report, did it some time past myself, but didn't get the pices. Respect

Cjurbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
is there any contact details for the guy who owns this cinema? id like to get intouch and give him a call so we can come down and do some filming, if anyone knows please pm me thanks !