real time web analytics
Report - - 'The Den' Drain Hartlepool | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 'The Den' Drain Hartlepool

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
I've been eyeing up this outfall on google earth for some time, its not the most subtle. Anyway eyeing things up on GE doesnt actually achieve much beyond an initial pre recce. Last week UrbanFox put a report up on the drain, I decided that it was time to pull my finger out now I'm up here, goan had a similar vision so we got together.

The night started recceing some other stuff then we headed over to explore this drain, previously named 'The Den' by those that had gone before. Nice name presumably named as there is evidence in various parts of locals using it, leaving various manholes along the way open at various times (debris at the bottom of shafts, new covers, graf in one chamber, the usual remains of a drain scooter etc) anyway on with the drain and pictures.

The first chamber, there were more of the same design and some similar but different:
DSC_3157.jpg

My first drain slide, a nice slippy steep one on chain held by a rotten anchor (seriously someone need to know what a stainless steel anchors are for, if anyone fancies going down with a cordless drill and anchor, sooner rather than later would be an idea):
DSC_3165.jpg

Further upstream there was a lot of debris:
DSC_3169.jpg

and even more in some places:
DSC_3170.jpg

This was a nice feature, what appears from below to be a stream flowing into the drain through a grill and down a waterfall:
DSC_3174.jpg

Finally we reached 'the end' (unless you like small pipes that are only going to get smaller):
DSC_3167.jpg

we exited by a manhole that was already missing, the barriers were like that, pretty poor given that is a path right next it, the picture is how we found it, naturally we left it better than that:
DSC_3175.jpg

all in all a pleasant enough drain, nothing ground breaking, but some nice features and a nice 1mile in length. A good night and nice to meet you goan.

Last edited:

goan

Chatbox Retard
28DL Full Member
This my first drain and loved any minute of it! Thanks to Bunk3r for the opportunity to get this drain done!

4613346748_0431500f21_o.jpg

4613347464_1a27cfb8c8_o.jpg

4613347656_45aee6dc31_o.jpg

4612732265_f7d6909fd4_o.jpg

4612732429_6e1cc1c405_o.jpg

6.The obligatory light trail shot
4613347064_e16f7d4b48_o.jpg

Again thanks to Bunk3r for the awesome explore!