real time web analytics
Report - - The Edge Climbing Centre, Sheffield - June 2014 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Edge Climbing Centre, Sheffield - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

unplugged

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: The Edge Climbing Centre - Sheffield - June 2014

Both have their merits :) sometimes it's easier to be able to turn up and just climb rather than having to worry about finding a partner, tie in and piss about with harnesses etc.

Bouldering Centers tend to be easier to put in as their not as space restrictive and can be put in anywhere. If you only have short walls then it's easier to put down a mat than go though the effort or roping up.

rich_b1982

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Outdoor season at the moment anyway fellas. The park boulders round sheff are great.

CarbonLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I must have visited this a few months before it shut down - and for the first time, I found it was clearly set up for one type of climber though, there weren't many technical routes at my grade and it all seemed to be power slogs :/

Also the routes didn't seem to have been changed for a long time, probably because they knew it was going to be shut down soon! Ah well...

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member

I must have visited this a few months before it shut down - and for the first time, I found it was clearly set up for one type of climber though, there weren't many technical routes at my grade and it all seemed to be power slogs :/

Also the routes didn't seem to have been changed for a long time, probably because they knew it was going to be shut down soon! Ah well...

I've heard quite a lot of negative feedback about this place lol. I should find the owner and send the comments of this thread to him/her. Feedback to understand why they shut down. Your theory about the routes makes sense to me.

On the upside, there's plenty more climbing to be had in and around Sheffield.

CarbonLlama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I've heard quite a lot of negative feedback about this place lol. I should find the owner and send the comments of this thread to him/her. Feedback to understand why they shut down. Your theory about the routes makes sense to me.

On the upside, there's plenty more climbing to be had in and around Sheffield.

Yeah that's true, the climbing works is the place to be, that's for sure, not had time to go recently though :(

DrGonzo

Hello Officer
28DL Full Member

Did you do any routes whilst you were there?

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member

Did you do any routes whilst you were there?

As best as I could using the holes in the wall. Had a good climb up the scaff of the rear walls. Pretty damn dusty though.

eyelash911

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

had heard of it but never been to it, looks like you would need a good head for heights here!

mike os

28DL Member
28DL Member

such a shame, went there a couple of times shortly after it opened, but never really got on with climbing indoors... much better just to downgrade and head for Snowdonia... less than half the driving too

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member

such a shame, went there a couple of times shortly after it opened, but never really got on with climbing indoors... much better just to downgrade and head for Snowdonia... less than half the driving too

I agree with you, I'm way more into outdoor stuff.

ben_suddenly

28DL Member
28DL Member
sadly its still closed and the building is un used, you can see the walls throught the window on the front...it would be perfect for students now since the area has 2 halls and loads of student houses within walkin distance its a real shame. would love to have a nosey around now

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
sadly its still closed and the building is un used, you can see the walls throught the window on the front...it would be perfect for students now since the area has 2 halls and loads of student houses within walkin distance its a real shame. would love to have a nosey around now

Last we heard GoOutdoors use it to store their gear. There used to be an entrance between the two sites, so maybe they opened it back up.