real time web analytics
Report - - 'The Haven' Car Graveyard, Bisbrooke March 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 'The Haven' Car Graveyard, Bisbrooke March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Just to prove I'm not totally dead I thought I'd pop this one up.

I wasn't sure what to call this one so I ran the location through an online OS Map and it came up with the name 'The Haven' - there was a small house on this large plot of land so I guess that's what it might have been called. Anyway this was one of my chance finds whilst scouring Google Maps, and it turned out to be a fruitful wander and satisfied my need for car graveyards.

Bisbrooke is a small village located north of Corby and just east of Uppingham. Very nice it was too, on a lovely sunny spring day. Rolling up I wasn't sure what to expect, but heading up through the adjacent field peering through the boundary fence I started to see what I had hoped would be there hidden under the canopy of trees on Google's aerial imagery - cars. Once on the property itself we realised how exposed the rear half of the land was, on a hill overlooking farmers fields and from what we could tell, the land we were standing on was also utilised by the local farmer. We first checked on the small bungalow however it was tightly sealed, so set about working our way around the numerous vehicles dotting the land. I managed to find and photograph most of them however a couple were stubbornly buried much further into the undergrowth than I was willing to delve.

The property was sold in November last year and earlier this year all the cars were cleared from the site - I only know that because one of the people I know through banger racing on Facebook did the clearance!

Thanks for looking!

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Oh yes, considering all I spotted from the air was three potential cars in a field (the last 3 in the photos) and had no idea what was there, I love it when my nose for places like this pays off.
You are deffo the best car graveyard spotter around

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I popped in here yesterday and had a mooch around the house as I was in the area, it will be a nice place once renovated, the view is rather nice too.

BigGiant

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Out of interest - where any of them raced? I can imagine the 'Tina' will have gone around the oval, as I raced a few myself in the early 80's.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Out of interest - where any of them raced? I can imagine the 'Tina' will have gone around the oval, as I raced a few myself in the early 80's.

Potentially some of them will end up track bound soon. The Merc van and the Peugeot pickup are prime candidates for export so they are probably already living a new life in Africa, the Anglia is a valuable car so would likely have been sold on, the rest who knows!

Who has read this thread (Total: 329) View details