real time web analytics
Report - - THE HOOTON PUB-cheshire feb 20 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - THE HOOTON PUB-cheshire feb 20

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY- originally built as a small hotel in the 19th century to take advantage of clientele in the train station opposite , being in a semi rural district of cheshire bordering the borough of wirral , the pub would of been the first place for a weary passenger seeking refreshment and directions .
The hooton hotel n restaurant closed for business in late summer 2018 .
The pub occupies 1.2 acres of prime real estate immediately adjacent to hooton railway station , it is currently up for sale as a development site for £485,000 , it is rumoured that the site would either be developed as a tesco express or student accomodation .

THE EXPLORE- I received a tip off about this place off a fellow urban explorer , a couple of weeks later i paid the place a visit ! i did a quick recce ...but found no way in !....though i could see signs of previous entries to the building , but like all good urban explorers ...i would try another time ! ...eventually my regular little visits paid off ! i came back with my camera gear n torches for a dawn entry to the property , i was surprised how quickly the pub had quickly gone down hill in less than 2 years of abandonment !
as i was leaving i heard a sensor clicking away to itself ! i could,nt believe i had totally missed it !......though i must of triggered it a good hour before on my entry ! .... yet ne secca turned up to feel my collar !
hoot 1.JPG

hoot 2.JPG

TH
hoot 3.JPG

E
hoot 4.JPG

PI
hoot 5.JPG

CS
hoot 6.JPG

-
hoot 7.JPG

as
hoot 8.JPG

u
hoot 9.JPG

su
hoot 10.JPG

al
hoot 11.JPG

i
hoot 12.JPG

w
hoot 13.JPG

as
hoot 14.JPG

u
hoot 15.JPG

si
hoot 16.JPG

ng
hoot 18.JPG

m
hoot 19.JPG

y
hoot 20.JPG

ca
hoot 21.JPG

no
hoot 22.JPG

n
hoot 23.JPG

hoot 24.JPG

D
hoot 25.JPG

wi
hoot 26.JPG

th
hoot 27.JPG

a
hoot 28.JPG

w
hoot 29.JPG

id
hoot 30.JPG

e
hoot 31.JPG

angled 10-20mm sigma lens , which is just great for confined spaces !..... all pics have been taken hand held (i know i should use my tripod ! )
Anyway folks ! ...enjoy the pics !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Pretty cool explore. Built in an older style than it is outside. So interesting bits left. The stain glass shot is pretty cool

MissBean77

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
28DL Full Member
I'm in slight shock that this pub had ended up like this! Used to drive past on my way to work near every day! Crazy! I've added it to my map though, thank-you.

bikebouy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When it closed suddenly, all the lead from the roof was nicked a few weeks later so the water got in, strange it shut down because over the bridge is the Old Roften works site, all gone now but going to be a care home , and lots of huses about 1000 as far as i remember so plenty of customers there, a Tesco express would be an ideal place as theres a huge park and ride and a railway station right next to the pub.

Who has read this thread (Total: 301) View details