Web
Analytics
Report - - The Lighthouse Building London - Feb '15 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Lighthouse Building London - Feb '15

Baffy

28DL Member
28DL Member
The Lighthouse Building. First report
I haven't been able to find much info on this place, other than it has been abandoned for the last 20 or so years, and is now getting a facelift and will be used as offices with a few shop fronts on ground level? If anyone knows a bit of the history to this place I would love to hear it!

This really was an impromptu explore, I had gotten the day wrong for my bus to Edinburgh so I had a night to kill, a friend sent me the below picture the day before. So figured I would check it out on my way home.

20150208_171012.jpg

It was still fairly early when I arrived so I grabbed a few tins and watched for a few hours. It soon became obvious that being so central the streets were not going to get quite until extremely late. After picking up a few more tins I decided I would have to rely on people not paying attention and just give it a go.

Surprisingly this worked, and I made it in without an issue and started my explore.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

The inside of the building has been gutted, construction still seems to be in the early stages as there are minimal internal walls.

IMG_0081.jpg

Some of the stairs are a little 'interesting'

IMG_0038.jpg

After I found the internal stairwells I made my way to the first level of the roof.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Next was to make it to the top of the tower, which I was surprised to find is still intact, and home to quite a few pigeons that caused a but clenching moment when they all flew out into my face!
IMG_0053.jpg

From the outside you get a fairly good view of Kings Cross and the surrounding area.
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

I sat here and finished of the last of my tins, before having a crack at the crane. About half way up someone down below decided they felt like looking up and spotted me. After that I decided I would make my retreat and go back another time to conquer that one!

Thanks for reading,
Baffy.​

slayaaaa

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's the one with the weird crane! Been wanting to know where it was for ages...

Nice pics! Cheers for sharing. :)

Baffy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thats changed a bit! There used to be a nice little range in the cellars... Amoungst other things
The picture from below the chained up stairs is as low into the building as I could get. And there wasn't a great deal of room in there. The entire building has been gutted.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Shame I never did this place, kept meaning to but never did. I do know one of the challenges they face is the building is over a tube line so can it only be a certain amount of weight before the girders give out. It also changed hands quite a few times before the redev. took place.

Robbo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great report as ever acid

22carmoon

28DL Member
28DL Member
I had a walk around this building today and I have to say there's not really any way in without being spotted.

How on earth did you do it?