real time web analytics
Report - - The Marlowe Theatre, Canterbury | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Marlowe Theatre, Canterbury

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rocksteady

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First report on here so be gentle with me.

A bit of history on the place and what they're planning on doing with it here:

http://www.newmarlowetheatre.org.uk/

Decided to have a little looksy in here as I'd spent a day exploring St Margrets Bay and Dover. As all of my friends said it couldn't be done, so as they sat in the pub opposite, I gave it a go.

Minutes later, roberts your father's brother I'm in. I managed to get in just before they started properly knocking this down. Please note - It was dangerous this time, I have been in after this and it is a death trap. DO NOT TRY AND GET IN, you will get injured.

Photos are in no uncertain terms rubbish as I didn't have long and by the time I got to the roof my phone rang and the guys in the pub said there were 3 police cars circling the place. 20 minutes later I thought it would be best not to push my luck so made a swift exit, and went and got a kebab. :thumb

Hope someone finds these remotely interesting.:)

Various dressing rooms, frequented by many stars such as Steven Mulhearn,Nasty Nick from Eastender, Toadfish from Neighbours, the clouds of their carisma still hang in these rooms

2009_0430various0341.jpg

2009_0430various0342.jpg

2009_0430various0343.jpg

Main theatre, no option for light painting and flash wasn't able to light it properly. Sorry!

2009_0430various0346.jpg

2009_0430various0347.jpg

The Kitchen behind the bar.

2009_0430various0355.jpg

As this used to be an old cinema, this used to be the proection room.

2009_0430various0362.jpg

Main Gantry above theatre.

2009_0430various0366.jpg

2009_0430various0360.jpg

Thanks for looking. Will get some better pictures of other places in Canterbury up soon!