real time web analytics
The Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - April 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Millennium Stadium, Cardiff - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Visited with @Grit, @Seffy & a non-member.

One of many things I enjoy about this hobby is the spontaneity that can occur. Me, Seffy and Grit met up in Bristol late in the evening with the intention of scoping or having a go at something local. Soon enough, Cardiff was mentioned, as I'd had a lead about the Millennium stadium from a non-member, and in no time we found ourselves in the car heading across the bridge. If the stadium wasn't a success we thought we'd have a look for a crane or something. We met up with said non-member after sending a very last minute message and as we thought, he was well up for giving it a go.

We parked up nearby and within minutes we were at the top. Unfortunately there was no access to the inside of the stadium as every door down was locked up, but we didn't mind. The views were great despite the pitch not being lit up, which was a bit of a shame I must admit but we can't have it all!

image1.jpg

he Millennium Stadium is the national stadium of Wales and the third largest stadium in Britain.

The stadium was built to host the final at the 1999 Rugby World Cup and replaced Wales’ previous national stadium, the Cardiff Arms Park, which by that time had gotten severely outdated and lacked the facilities to stage such final.

Construction of the Millennium Stadium began in 1997 and was completed in 1999 at a total cost of £114 million. The first match played at the stadium was a rugby friendly between Wales and South Africa. The first football match was a friendly between the Welsh and Finnish national teams in March 2000.

During the reconstruction of the Wembley Stadium, the Millennium Stadium hosted the FA Cup and League Cup finals as well as the FA Community Shield.

The stadium has a fully retractable roof, which can be opened in 20 minutes and is being held up by four 90-metre high masts.

16687597354_37935ce860_c.jpg

17284096536_23bc567ab7_c.jpg

17308206302_638d050ef0_c.jpg

17309594871_4bb99c2f44_c.jpg

17310055315_e68746febc_c.jpg

17308208332_5d712a7ca4_c.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Nice one boyos! Would love to sink my teeth into that juicy monstrosity.

Seffy

Staff member
Decent photos mate, wasn't sure how they'd turn out given how bloody dark it was! Get some ropes, head back and finish the job I reckon ;)

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So good, I know what you mean by spontanious explores often proving to be the best!