real time web analytics
Report - - The UK's three transporter bridges - 2015/2016 | High Stuff | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The UK's three transporter bridges - 2015/2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Warrington isn't too bad except for the wooden walkway.

And the wooden stairs! Put my foot through a stair tread once and bent one of my fingers back trying to clasp the railing. A lot easier climbing the iron legs than trusting the stairs now I'd say.

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
Blimey! Wooden stairs??? I remember them as metal mesh, I distinctly remember bent mesh and rusty holes! If they were wood and I'd realised I might not have even gone up. I remember that one as the one we drove for ages for and was only fun because we messed about so much, really not much merit to the process itself.

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Don't remember the stairs but up top you feel like you're gonna go through the bridge with every step

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
The Tees Transporter is my favourite out of the three; it feels like there's a bit more to it than the others I think. Nice idea putting all three into one report.

tigger

mog
Regular User
...the Warrington one looks like it could do with a lick of paint.

Last time it had a lick of paint bits of it went missing! A group of locals have for the past year been trying to raise the profile and get the council to commit to the maintenance they are supposed to do.