real time web analytics
Information - - This ain't no rope day it's a goddamn rope weekend - 11 & 12 July 2015 | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - This ain't no rope day it's a goddamn rope weekend - 11 & 12 July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oy Oy folks, normally I'd be inviting you to a ropage day, but no this time we going for the big kahuna and making a goddamn weekend of it!

The rules are the same. If you want to have a bit of fun learning about ropes, doing a bit of abseiling, learn some SRT, learn rope cross over techniques or even a bit of basic knot tying then get yourself along.

As always there will be a beginners session - folks we are not an abseiling club so this is not a purpose built abseil area. What you will get instead is us teaching you the abseil basics in a safe environment, followed by a bigger drop followed by a lesson in how to climb a rope. Then its time to get your arse up there for the BBQ.

For those who know what to expect and what they are doing we can possibly rig a bridge swing. @Bigjobs is trying to cater to those who have never had anything to do with ropes to those who have lots of experience in the art of ropage so we can all come together and share skills and knowledge.

If you have your own kit bring it along if not then we pretty much have enough to meet requirements.

Oh yeah I said it was a weekend mlarky didnt I, bring your camping gear and we will have a good day on the ropes then have a laugh camping too.

Yeah we can has a list too....

Bigjobs
Paradox

Last edited:

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
Yeah man, your choice.

you can come along to learn a thing or two, or you can come along to watch people shit out on bridge swinging

Up to you :D

Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes! Been waiting for one of these to happen again. Unfortunately I couldn't make the last one but will definitely try to make this one. Sounds like it will be a good weekend. :thumb

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I was a bit late for the last one so putting my name down for this one early. Hopefully I'll get the time off!

Paradox
Bigjobs
Monkey
Yorrick

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Well what's the chances, the diary is free that weekend, might have to chat with the wife :) A meetup that I can actually make it too

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ahhh SHIT. my wifes birthday on the 11th and we will be in Ludlow :( This is gonna be megga good...we could do with one of those crying emoticons cos thats how I feel at the mo. This is going to be too much fun.

Well what's the chances, the diary is free that weekend, might have to chat with the wife :) A meetup that I can actually make it too
Man, you can fuck your old harness up yourself this time :)

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Ahhh SHIT. my wifes birthday on the 11th and we will be in Ludlow :( This is gonna be megga good...we could do with one of those crying emoticons cos thats how I feel at the mo. This is going to be too much fun.

Man, you can fuck your old harness up yourself this time :)
Hell yeh, got some rope that needs destroying too, .. Would have been cool to meet you at last

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sounds like this will be the best meet yet, if it wasnt the big 50 I would be along with my tent and cooking utensils :D