real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - This can't be right?? - Nabisco Shredded Wheat Factory | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News This can't be right?? - Nabisco Shredded Wheat Factory

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Ok, this is on the web as a blog post - but a blog on a commercial companies website - so sort of 'in the news'

Urban Explorers in the News - www.palladiumboots.co.uk

WTF - it describes 28dayslater as 'influential', is scathing of the press "stirring up a bit of hysteria" and is very complementary about one of our members pictures and comments.

Hmmm, maybe I'm still asleep and dreaming :rolleyes:

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
It's a derp with some empty cardboard boxes inside, seriously can't see why all the internet and media attention.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Maybe - but my point was that whoever wrote that totally failed to embrace all the usual press 'band-waggons' - no mention of B&E - had a go at press hysteria - had a go at the use of phrases such as 'raid' - was nice about 'Trog' (and 28)

He/she would have scored very badly at 'press-school'

The Littlest Jellyfish

Hibernating Jellysquirrel
28DL Full Member
The Palladium blog is great, and is a perfect example of how commercial enterprises should be using the web. I've seen so many retailers with blogs that just shill their own products, but Palladium are clever and mix in some interesting non-product stuff. The result is that it makes me want to buy into their brand and lifestyle and spend my hard-earned cash on their boots.

The Littlest Jellyfish

Hibernating Jellysquirrel
28DL Full Member
The Give Styru All Your Cash blog is great, and is a perfect example of how money laundering enterprises should be using the web. I've seen so many scam sites with blogs that just shamelessly ask for money, but Give Styru All Your Cash are clever and mix in some interesting non-scam stuff. The result is that it makes me want to buy into their brand and lifestyle and give styru all my hard-earned cash.

Indy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow, a blog post or newspaper that that doesn't contain the words 'irresponsible' is a rare find indeed! As a small side matter, I have just been onto the givestyruallyourcash.com intending to give Styru all my cash and the link appears to be broken... In a moment of madness I have decided to give the entire contents of my bank account to the Birmingham Bountiful and Benevolent Fund for Stray Drain Kittens. Is this okay and should I try the link again next month? :confused

pantomime horse

Nay Nay and thrice Nay
28DL Full Member
yes it is great for trog and so unusual to find a level headed and unsenational article about 28dl.
and I bet their blog has had many more hits than usual. a win win situation

spaceman4297

28DL Member
28DL Member
Seems like a waste of time to up the security for a building that is closed down, really does not make sense to have the media misinterpret what goes on based on the unnecessary reaction from the company. What can you do I suppose, the media is in the right to get in other peoples faces with cameras for the next big story but a few shots are taken from an abandoned factory and every one blows a fuse. :confused

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
i wish i was one of those 'young folks'
old-man-waving-hello.gif

UrbexD

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welwyn Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team Sergeant Malcom Dey said: “We are currently investigating a post on the internet which relates to an alleged incident of being in an enclosed premises for unlawful purposes, at the disused Shredded Wheat factory in WGC.

What unlawful purposes...? :confused:popcorn

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Nice to see something like this once in a while, makes a difference from the usual press take on things... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details