real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - This is London - 28DL 17/8/09 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News This is London - 28DL 17/8/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
At the most extreme end of the spectrum, there are groups such as the Craniacs, who take their lives in their hands by *clambering up a 245ft crane in Docklands, as they did last year.

You couldn't make it up could you? Oh wait - they just did !

I quite like the article though, it's different. Someones not gonna be happy though.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Its been a while since the papers did a substantial feature insted of just bitching. Might have to go dye my hair now tho!

NursePayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just to set the record straight, there's alot of inaccurate details and quotes in this article which I can only assume were added to sex up the write up.
We stressed to him several time NO ACCESS details...anyone who knows me knows I don't dye my hair, its brown, I also mentioned that dark colours are great because you go unnoticed, so where he pulled out that I dye my hair red I've no clue.
“This musty smell is like heaven for explorers,â€￾ whispers Elle as they ascend the stairs. " I never said that he commented on how nice the musty smell was so I told him it was the smell of success because he's in the building.
He was very informed about exploration because he seemed to have done his research extensively about the ue community and knew quite a lot I wasn't even aware of.
The entire agreement was based on NO ACCESS DETAILS and I'm disappointed that he didn't keep to that (and called me a ginge).

"Elle muses on her ultimate dream. “One day, I'd love to be the Queen of my own derelict palace,â€￾ Invention, he asked me what my dream goals were to explore and I wasn't exactly sure yet of an ultimate place.

Anyways that's my chip in, other than some right out cheeky inventions and blabbing the access I though it was well written.

X

Xander

Lovely read. it's nice to see the media unofficially backing up our trespassing/documenting/photographing antics. But you've gotta just hate it when crap is made up about you to fluff it up for the readers.

TUT. Yes I'm a tutter. Deal with it :p

NursePayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Red hair aside in the journalist was really sound and enjoyed every minute of it. Plus he loved the Mills which was great and definately saw why people wanted to look around such places.Apparently he'd wanted to do an exploration for along time but had never got round to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details