real time web analytics
Report - - Thornton Fever Hospital, Fife - November 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Thornton Fever Hospital, Fife - November 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DJMarko

28DL Member
28DL Member
So we went for a wee adventure a few weeks ago to find and explore the Thornton/Strathore fever hospital in Fife.
As there are many documented visits to this site I will quickly skim through the history;
-Thornton fever hospital was opened in 1902 as an isolation hospital
-Later on it was used as a metal health institution for children, under the name Strathmore hospital
-Upon a new hospital being built in Dunfermline in 1967 it was vacated. It was then a hotel, I believe, for a few years.

We weren’t disappointed. Weather wasn’t great on the day but got some great pictures and it was pretty eerie too.
Watched a couple of videos about the Owlman prank and had this on my mind when exploring a few rooms. It was when I got to a room (Image 10) that I felt a weird shiver throughout my body after what I saw was a shadow behind the door. I had a quick look inside anyway and that's when I caught a glimpse of the Owl grafitti on the wall to the right (images 11 & 12) Pretty freaked out after that but soldiered on regardless.

All in all a really worthwhile visit, once we actually found the place...

Didn’t disappoint.

Last edited:

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
OK, a few things need fettling here, im sure chills will be along with some great advice and links but we need a date in the title month and year is adequate, we also need a history of the place and a description of your explore/experience while visiting.
You also need to press attach all on the picture section to get your pictures to show.
A brief description of this owlman prank might be needed if its something to do with your explore as well.
Other than that welcome along.

DJMarko

28DL Member
28DL Member
OK, a few things need fettling here, im sure chills will be along with some great advice and links but we need a date in the title month and year is adequate, we also need a history of the place and a description of your explore/experience while visiting.
You also need to press attach all on the picture section to get your pictures to show.
A brief description of this owlman prank might be needed if its something to do with your explore as well.
Other than that welcome along.

Now amended. Hope all is ok!

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
That place is fooked and that owl is amazing.
For your first report not too bad, a bit more history and an explanation of the owl thing might have made it better but for a first try its ok :cool:

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks atmospheric, a fun mooch potentially!

Ahh, The Owlman pranks (probably staged) ! I remember watching those videos on YouTube a few years ago. The prank videos were made as part of the marketing for a low budget film called Lord of Tears. The Owlman costume was pretty cool and detailed I thought. I'd hate to be confronted by sommat like that if I didn't know what it was, though. I'm an anxious explorer at the best of times!

Who has read this thread (Total: 239) View details