real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Thrillseekers slammed after breaking into disused Llangollen mine | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Thrillseekers slammed after breaking into disused Llangollen mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Was open as a tourist attraction, complete with museum until 1998, so it was that dangerous then! All I will say to Mr McKay is if you are scared to go down, fair does, but others who do generally asses the risks & go go kitted out, they are not kids in shorts, a weak torch and trainers.

kevsy21

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ted Mckay was a miner till his bollocks shrunk and has been kept in employment within mining, long after the hardworking miners lost their.
He likes to pop up with quotes in the paper occasionally to make his presence known.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member

The comments at the end of the article are all for the explore :)

This one about the mine expert sounds about right!

"Ted has a lot of experience in coal mining but, unfortunately on this occasion, he has got it wrong. I have been exploring disused mines throughout the UK for nearly 45 years and I am still alive so I think I can speak with some authority! Slate and metal mines are completely different from coal mines. The rock is much harder and bad or explosive gas is very rare. I am sure that Ted said what he thought was right but on this occasion it wasn't."

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
28DL Full Member
You have to love the wording of these things. I hope your blasting didn't hurt too much :rolleyes:

Mrbodymassagemachine

MBMM for short
28DL Full Member
Re: Thrillseekers slammed after breaking into disused Llangollen mine 22-3-2011

these underground caverns extend for miles and the lower ones are flooded​

Done a damn good job of promoting the place.

analepsis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
teddy.jpg

Teddy Don't 'Splore

watchman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"these underground caverns extend for miles and the lower ones are flooded.â€￾

riiiight, so surely that kind of restricts how far you can go unless you take diving equipment..... Think ol' Teddy needs to grow some gentleman's vegetables and butt out.

Leaf1471

Tourist Information Depot
28DL Full Member
Good bit of leader live journalism there. Why is it that everyone is getting slammed and blasted in their reports ? The old woman sounds lovely to me. And probably not capable of slamming anyone at 80 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.