real time web analytics
Report - - Ticket to Ride and the Abandoned Trains, Paris Metro 06/02/09 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ticket to Ride and the Abandoned Trains, Paris Metro 06/02/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Incidentally, we rarely had a ticket and we also didn't care!

With the dulcet tones of Le Beatles still ringing in my ears from passing through the Lennon dedicated Liverpool airport, we set off in search of some ass-kicking dirty metro fun. Situated somewhere in Paris (traveling by metro only doesn't do wonders for your above-ground spatial awareness but were we bovvered?)

The green military paint and luminous wall panels echoed everything that I associate with air raid shelters/dark passages etc. So like true urban adventurists, we drew giant phalluses on the glow in the dark wall panels with headtorches to light our way. The tunnels are a weird half egg/Witley style shape and wind round to make the shape of a horseshoe where at the end, they meet a track and this is where the trains are stored.

Some of the trains are relatively new and used for training but other date right back to the 1930s and from their interiors, this just shows what little effort is made into differentiating first and second class nowadays.

Regardless of their insides, all the trains have been used as canvases to over-zealous taggers and graffiti artists and they look fantastic in that state:thumb

We spent quite a while here which was just great as there was so much to see. So, here are the photos I took:)

ParisPics067.jpg

ParisPics068.jpg

ParisPics069.jpg

ParisPics072.jpg

ParisPics077.jpg

ParisPics080.jpg

ParisPics086.jpg

ParisPics089.jpg

ParisPics094.jpg

ParisPics097.jpg

ParisPics106.jpg

ParisPics112.jpg