real time web analytics
Report - - Trafford Hotel - Manchester - June 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Trafford Hotel - Manchester - June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Explored With Reich my missus And Chin (Who forgot his 28 details lol)

History of this fine building Taken from several places : The Trafford Park Hotel opened in 1902 which was built to house the workers of the newly created Trafford Park industrial estate. This huge hotel is surely the finest building in Trafford Park, the world's first purpose-built industrial estate and still the largest in Europe. A year after the Trafford Park Hotel opened, over 500 houses had been built around here so the hotel would have had plenty of locals, as well as visiting businessmen. Schools and churches were built in 'The Village', which was modelled on the American grid system with numbered streets and avenues. These days the houses have all-but gone, and although the Village's shops are busy during the week, almost all the residents have left. Sadly the Trafford Park Hotel closed in 2009 and it remains unused, except fleetingly by a bunch of squatters and a marijuana grower which have made the local news in the last few years. Disenfranchised Man United fans group, MUST, have also used the pub car park to screen big matches from the Old Trafford whilst selling real ale and cans. The Trafford Park Hotel was listed by English Heritage in 1987 due to its magnificent renaissance style architecture. Its red brick and terracotta frontage has parapets, pilasters and a grand clock tower, while the stone sign with globe detail is stunning. Round the back the view is less impressive but there are pub benches in the yard and even in the car park itself.It is unlikely that the Trafford Park Hotel will ever reopen as a public house or hotel (it is owned by the hapless Enterprise Inn, after all), but its Grade II protected status means it should remain here for some time yet. Maybe conversion to offices - or even flats if people start to return to the Village in numbers - is about as good as it would get for this proud old building.According to the British Listed Buildings website the hotel has been listed as a Grade II building since 30th June 1987.

Explore: Ok kept an eye on this for a while. Seems to have never been done looked on every urbex etc no reports anywhere that i could find. So from what i can see its a new site or a very old one lol. Maybe because of all the news reports of squatters and a certain farm growing there lol. Anyway picked a moment and went for it. When we got there we had a good look round and all seemed lost has it was well and truly sealed up. But after a few looks round there was the tiniest slimmer of hope and i mean tiny. Suitable for the slim and veg eaters lol. This is a hard place and people walking back and forth all the time. Oh thats not including the alarm set up in there and the electric still running.Step up my missus and Reich to save my explore lol. And surly enough they both made it and i was so happy. Wanted to see inside this ever since i saw it. So after loads of phone calls later saying how epic it was the explore was done. But then a bomb shell somehow my missus camera decided to cock up and all her photos went :-( man she was so gutted. However Reich saved the day here has he managed to grab some of his camera. So these are to give you an idea of the place has there was so much more to see here and i mean LOADS. And we had loads of pics. We may visit again to get more pics of what we lost like the palm trees, And the amount of boxes full of stuff was unreal but the risk is quite high here so may leave it. See how many people like this and make our minds up then. Anyhow thanks for viewing and hope you like the pics that we have. Was a beautiful place.

The pics :
Trafford%20Park%20Hotel%20free_zpsv4dim6h8.jpg

DSCF2081_zpste6qzmlr.jpg

DSCF2080_zpsngt7xprj.jpg

DSCF2078_zpso9motffj.jpg

DSCF2069_zps25uthdir.jpg

DSCF2063_zpsr2nuhdn0.jpg

DSCF2062_zpsenp6keom.jpg

DSCF2058_zpsas40snnt.jpg

DSCF2054_zpshczltobi.jpg

DSCF2053_zpspluqtz79.jpg

Whats left from the newspaper of the growers lol.
DSCF2052_zpsdycfawu3.jpg

DSCF2050_zpsuqkdbown.jpg

DSCF2040_zps6dzocyyu.jpg

DSCF2038_zpse6vdrcyv.jpg

DSCF2029_zpsr49qndqv.jpg

DSCF2026_zpsl6yqpsw3.jpg

DSCF2017_zpsak4w7lmu.jpg

DSCF2014_zpsvdmexau0.jpg

DSCF2013_zpsfg3xf4rr.jpg

DSCF2012_zps4pd4jsbr.jpg

DSCF2011_zpsrjhjynj1.jpg

DSCF2008_zpsmxnfqkve.jpg

DSCF1997_zpsngzwlj6a.jpg

DSCF1996_zpsfxjbes3n.jpg

And this guy says Thanks for looking all.
DSCF2067_zpsf5jh0v32.jpg

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Thanks mayhem. And wow if i had not lost them other pics there was so much. Reich had battery issues has in they where running out. Then that disaster of my missus cam deciding to make her pics vanish. So in the end with Reich saving the day with what he had on his camera. But unfortunately do-sent show the shear scale of what was left in there. Every single box had something in lol. And there was some awesome features like the palm trees and Buddha etc. The trees is one pic we lost.

Miss Mayhem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks mayhem. And wow if i had not lost them other pics there was so much. Reich had battery issues has in they where running out. Then that disaster of my missus cam deciding to make her pics vanish. So in the end with Reich saving the day with what he had on his camera. But unfortunately do-sent show the shear scale of what was left in there. Every single box had something in lol. And there was some awesome features like the palm trees and Buddha etc. The trees is one pic we lost.

That's a shame about loosing the pics , but nevermind you
captured it well, good job :thumb

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We tried that place last week after Clares but couldnt find a way in :( I know I'll probably be shouted at for this but could I ask any info on access (via private message of course) :)

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
SHOUT What ya mean SHOUT lol. No m8ty i know exactly what you mean this is a tough one to crack but to be honest its there and finding it is all part of the fun. Just remember this is deffo not one for the big fellas lmao

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Ohh yea outside is stunning. But serious inside not bad either. But its very cluttered with stuff. May grab extra pics soon to show it off better. Got my mate reich on the case for some extra shots lol. This time armed with extra batteries. Thx for post will

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Wow, that's a lot of stuff inside there. Not what I was expecting the inside to look like. Nice report though :thumb

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
UPDATE From roof etc
Here are some new ones from a night visit. We wanted to do roof and get some extra shots for you all. Enjoy. Thanks to Reich for extra shots.

DSCF2166_zpsjwrujsvp.jpg

DSCF2146_zps3kontfhm.jpg

DSCF2137_zpsbmoahqqg.jpg

DSCF2135_zpswyj9fjut.jpg

DSCF2132_zpsdfwgk4qj.jpg

DSCF2126_zps5xfyeep9.jpg

DSCF2125_zps1q2cu1ih.jpg

DSCF2124_zpseul7fecu.jpg

DSCF2122_zpsfg1rnxrl.jpg

DSCF2121_zpshp9llig0.jpg

DSCF2106_zpsd8l0nlxc.jpg

DSCF2104_zpsbwi14v3l.jpg