real time web analytics
Report - - Trinity House Buoy Shed - Hull - June 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Trinity House Buoy Shed - Hull - June 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

harborcoat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello again everyone!

Once again explored with @EmperorGeno

I'm a bit confused with this one - I've passed it a thousand times and always seen it sealed. I've also heard other people asking about it, I always assumed it hadn't been done. Not sure though? It's abit fucked inside.

Anyways, this place is a very old part of maritime history I suppose, it was constructed in 1901. It was constructed as there was a massive demand for areas to work on boats, and the existing sheds were quite a bit smaller.

Insurance documentation proves it was used for this purpose until at least 1949, and then in 1963, Northern Divers - an underwater maintenance/repair company took over the property until 2018. Their painted artwork on the front and doors is still fresh tbf.
The bank around the building is essentially is crumbling away. I'm no expert but I wouldn't bank on it being there forever unless preserved (doubt)

One more interesting thing - the crane on the river bank is actually older than the buoy shed - it is thought to date to 1865 and is one of the only surviving examples of such an early crane.

Anyways here's the pics - they're not great as unfortunately it had gotten dark.

Exterior from the road:

IMG_0503.JPG

Pic stolen from Google to show the front, mentioned crane, and awesome crest

101197668-138428-o.jpg

Looking in from the doors, pretty empty...

IMG_0481.JPG

The first "office"? as you enter on the left:

IMG_0482.JPG

And the right hand side:

IMG_0483.JPG

Behind that blue door:

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

In the main room - not sure what this is - emergency shower is the only thing I've seen similar. With staircase upstairs

IMG_0488.JPG

The smaller (seperateish) room to the left on the exterior pic (nice bricks):

IMG_0491.JPG

And some very old looking signs and fan:

IMG_0492.JPG

First room on the right, upstairs:

IMG_0494.JPG

And the ladders to the roof, nah thanks... (geno did)

IMG_0501.JPG

Second room upstairs, totally fucking trashed/hoarded lol can't even stand for a pic or light it up properly:

IMG_0496.JPG

The last room, hard to get a pic for the same reason:

IMG_0500.JPG

The coolest part - won't pretend to know what this is (spectogram?) but it's sweet:

IMG_0497.JPG

Cheers guys, not the greatest but still a place I haven't seen done in Hull atleast in a while!

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

Last edited:

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
not a bad looking place, I assume you were in there early & was still semi dark, a daylight return would yield some better pics i recon.

harborcoat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
not a bad looking place, I assume you were in there early & was still semi dark, a daylight return would yield some better pics i recon.
Definitely mate, was frustrating as we were in there before it was dark but without cam. Sure someone will get some nicer pics.

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Okay so call me weird, but is the R.E.M. Monster cover profile pic related in any way to Hull/ Hull Tigers for you? Even the username seems quite Hullian.

harborcoat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Okay so call me weird, but is the R.E.M. Monster cover profile pic related in any way to Hull/ Hull Tigers for you? Even the username seems quite Hullian.
Haha not Hull FC no but the harbor part is a happy coincidence! harborcoat is another REM song if u didn't know :p

HertSeeker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember running past this place loads of times during the lockdown and always hoping to find it open... Congratulations on making it inside!

Who has read this thread (Total: 169) View details