real time web analytics
Report - - Twemlow Fuel Depot - Sep 13 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Twemlow Fuel Depot - Sep 13

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member

Twemlow Fuel Depot - Twemlow

I've been meaning to take a look at this place for ages now, and as I was passing by anyway,
I decided to take a limbo under the barbed wire and take a wander.

props to Paul for the info on this one :thumb

Twemlow is a former WW2 Petroleum Storage Depot in the village of Twemlow Green, Cheshire
The site comprises six semi-submerged fuel tanks with offices, workshops and extensive areas
of concrete hardstanding.

A planning application has been submitted to alter the use of the abandoned fuel tanks into an
Anaerobic Digester/combined heat and Power facility. The A.D process converts huge volumes
of food waste, slurry, poultry manure, silage, grass and maize into methane and then electricity.

Naturally the locals are concerned due to it's close proximity, and the site has seen a fair amount
of vandalism in the form of graffiti, although this seems to have been cleaned up although protests are on-going.

DSC_1828_zpsb2670bea.jpg

Once inside it really is a bit like Telly-tubby land, albeit covered in cow shit and stinking vaugely of petrol

DSC_1759_zpsfbb34d90.jpg
DSC_1840_zps80befae3.jpg
DSC_1763_zps07ccff9f.jpg

DSC_1773_zps4268268d.jpg

DSC_1794_zpsa59c09ce.jpg
DSC_1795_zps0ca885a5.jpg
DSC_1813_zpsed456548.jpg

DSC_1802_zps1c3314f2.jpg

DSC_1806_zpsc63f6022.jpg

no wellies = no dip in the water this time i'm afraid, nice peely paint though..almost a derp

DSC_1789_zps3cce21a6.jpg

Well worth a wander in rather picturesque surroundings although I got some odd looks afterwards
walking around tesco covered in cow s**t :laugh​

Cheers for looking :thumb

Last edited: