real time web analytics
Report - - Two WW2 plane crash sites on Bleaklow, an RB29 and a Blenheim Bomber. September 2013 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Two WW2 plane crash sites on Bleaklow, an RB29 and a Blenheim Bomber. September 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dan Melia

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've been a long time admirer of you Urban Exploitation folks and after dropping a little over 10 stone I've decided to get in on the lark myself. The RB29 crash site was recommended to me by a friend who featured in this earlier REPORT. As something that should be within my capabilities now.

The Blenheim, also featured EARLIER, I found out about after buying a couple of decent books on military plane crash sites.

Both were accessed from Snake Pass starting out on the Pennine Way, forking left quite early for the RB29 and right just after the summit for the Blenheim. These two visits were done on different days but you could do both in one hit if you had the energy for it, from the parking spot and back you're looking at about 4.5 miles and 7.5 miles respectively. Usual moorland advice if you try them, weather turns quick etc etc, both involve a fair amount of walking across open moorland with a very poorly established path for the RB29 if you can find it and no path at all for the Blenheim. Lots of trips and falls were involved when going for the Blenheim as there are ALOT of concealed dips and drops in the heather.

As I said both of these have been featured before on this site, however I thought I'd bring you fine folks some fresh pictures.

RB29

89Y4Nf3h.jpg

My Dad (pictured) also discovered that he has quite a taste for this and is currently asking for details of the "next one"

U0JKNJyh.jpg

bIdhitCh.jpg

ZctjT5Dh.jpg

9mQ9mFah.jpg

giJxxIuh.jpg

MIb8Gcth.jpg

aXq60iNh.jpg

oMsdLavh.jpg

The Blenheim Bomber

My brother accompanied us this time, walking past Bleaklow head

UUZj1L1h.jpg

h40pT4Xh.jpg

KUiNRcmh.jpg

KrUQK8sh.jpg

RqGmLnFh.jpg

UDiWlhmh.jpg

Wouldn't have found it without the free viewranger app as can be shown by this photo (we're about 25 meters away at this point)

f1ytC1Eh.jpg

Finally some pictures my brother took.

HlLvBu7h.jpg

HA3qudrh.jpg

XI02L5Rh.jpg

67iU0Sth.jpg

0y6NX58h.jpg

I sneak into shot for the first time.

Wz0CDJMh.jpg

FpFoQAeh.jpg

Last edited: