real time web analytics
Report - - U4 blower house/power plant, France - 2019/2020 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - U4 blower house/power plant, France - 2019/2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nathan.H

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184673330@N08/
28DL Full Member
History

This plant was used to provide pressuried air to the nearby blast furnaces using turbo-blowers (steam turbines coupled to a compressors) and electricity. I've not found much about it's history on internet exept that it dates back to the 1930's and shut down with the blast furnaces in 1991. One of the blast furnaces is preserved and opened to public, and luckily the restoration of the blower house is planned too, although it is currently on hold due to lack of funding.

Exploration:

I have been in this place multiple times as I live not very far from it, and I realy like the atmosphere of this building. It is a great exemple of 1930's industrial architecture, a lot of effort have been put in it just to make it look nice. Luckily there is not much graffiti or vandalism even if it is abandoned for nearly 30 years.

The turbines hall

DSC_0097-HDR.jpg

Overwiew of the turbine hall, with the mezzanine control room

DSC_0113-HDR.jpg

In the morning the sun light fall right on the blowers

DSC_0138-HDR2.jpg

Control desk

_DSC0846-2.jpg

One of the turbo blowers

DSC_0136-HDR-2.jpg

This blower is the only one powered by an electric engine

DSC_0426-HDR.jpg

Overwiew of the turbine hall

_DSC0828.jpg

The main control desk

DSC_0367-HDR.jpg

DSC_0101-HDR.jpg

Electrical panels

Boiler house

This is where steam was produced for the turbines

DSC_0155-HDR.jpg

The boilers

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

Between two boilers

_DSC1017-2.jpg

Top of the boilers

DSC_0160-HDR-2.jpg

Boilers contol room

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
That`s so nice. Good examples of old industrial architecture. 30 yrs abandoned and its almost intact, astounding really. So much to take in. Love it :thumb