real time web analytics
Report - - Uskmouth Powerstation - December 2017 | UK Power Stations | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Uskmouth Powerstation - December 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Nice snaps! Wouldn't mind another poke about here myself. There was talk over the possibility of a fourth control room - one for each unit and a fourth one for the grid/synchronisation, much like at High Marnham. I guess it's possible this was over in the old A station though.

Seffy

Staff member
Welcome back lol. Was wondering only the other week what the crack was here now - looks the same as when we did it back in 2015! You’ve refuelled my interest in it as when we went the control rooms were occupied so no chance of seeing them :rolleyes:

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Welcome back lol. Was wondering only the other week what the crack was here now - looks the same as when we did it back in 2015! You’ve refuelled my interest in it as when we went the control rooms were occupied so no chance of seeing them :rolleyes:

You still owe me that fucking oar

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Maniac is right, no idea what you saw but that place hasn't been fed coal in years! Please feel free to prove me wrong mind!

Consider yourself proven wrong ;)

IMG_20180113_045840-01.jpeg

IMG_20180113_042743.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
No to there being a 'bulge in the boiler wall' lol

The transformer blowing out the switch gear room appears worse than they made out, never seen anything like it!

The roof is collapsed and held up with scaffolding, a good chunk of the wall is missing and the cabinets have lifted a good 3ft from their bases and listing forward all bent out of shape and that’s only half of the devastation which appears to have occurred when it was on load back in March/April

There’s no smoke without fire :D

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
I definitely need to go back. Missed out on the control rooms. I'm pretty sure she was idling back in early 2015, it was noisy in there but no coal being fed or smoke coming out the stack.

Nice work maniac, glad you enjoyed it.