real time web analytics
Report - - Uzushio Kanko bldg, Onomichi, Hiroshima, JAPAN | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Uzushio Kanko bldg, Onomichi, Hiroshima, JAPAN

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

saku

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Uzushio Kanko Bldg, an abandoned hotel is located in Onomichi, Hiroshima, JAPAN.
My grandma lives in a small island near Onomichi, so I gave it a try.
My grandma and relatives didn't know much about it but they said there was a fire after the site was abandoned.
It is in a residential area and there was kinda town gathering near the site that day.

DSC_0100-1.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

↓This proves there sure was a fire

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0083-1.jpg

DSC_0094-2.jpg

↓Kitchen area

DSC_0023.jpg
DSC_0040-1.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

↓Ocean-view restaurant

DSC_0065-2.jpg

DSC_0063-2.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0027-2.jpg

↓A gondola is at the roof top.
It was supposed to be used to just look around the town.
Considering how small the roof top is, it must have been a boring ride...

DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0053-1.jpg

This site was quite small, only 5 floors and rooftop, and the ground floor was blocked.
I might have never explored there if my grandma and relatives didn't live near the site.
It was an exciting exploration though, cos there were lots of stuff left and they have an ocean-view restaurant!

More photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/saaaaku/

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, shame it got set on fire. i would love another visit to Japan such beautiful country..

saku

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report, shame it got set on fire. i would love another visit to Japan such beautiful country..

Thanks! Hope you could visit here someday. I'll post my report if I explore any other site in Japan.

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
If this was in the UK it would be a pretty rubbish derp imo, but I'm loving the little Japanese details :thumb

Clarence Trumble-Lovegod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What an odd building. Great pictures, nice details.
Hey, if you're ever thinking about coming to Taiwan, send me a message. Loads of stuff to see, with a lot of old Japanese military villages and old houses scattered around. The Japanese colonial influence can still be seen in many places.