real time web analytics
Report - - Villa de Vecchi - Mussolinis Villa - Rhodes Greece - June 2016 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Villa de Vecchi - Mussolinis Villa - Rhodes Greece - June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As reported by many others on here, a few pics of our recent visit to Mussolinis Villa in Rhodes, Only one picture of the outside of the church, as even at three in the afternoon it had a presence as soon as we entered the front door.

IMG_3854_zpsbmgi1vup.jpg

IMG_3855_zpsbzedhgv3.jpg

IMG_3856_zps1kooayvk.jpg

IMG_3857_zpsgpw6rd6q.jpg

IMG_3858_zpsqdoqafsr.jpg

IMG_3859_zpso0kvdbkr.jpg

IMG_3863_zpsnkbsteci.jpg

IMG_3864_zpsctwsfe7y.jpg

IMG_3865_zpsytipljql.jpg

IMG_3876_zpsztxs2urr.jpg

IMG_3891_zpsxmvagk5e.jpg

IMG_3893_zpsvijqpup1.jpg

IMG_3879_zps8io0vsot.jpg

IMG_3895_zpsroi2uykt.jpg

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Good job.. your photos are better than mine!

For your info the villa, which is owned by the Greek government, is currently for sale as a means to fix the national debt. Which sounds like extreme desperation to me.

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good job.. your photos are better than mine!

For your info the villa, which is owned by the Greek government, is currently for sale as a means to fix the national debt. Which sounds like extreme desperation to me.

It was your pics that inspired us to seek it out :) So glad we did, it's a great place, we heard figures of £750k for the site from the locals, shall we all have a whip round??

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
It's simple enough to find. Its exactly where the road up the Profitis Ilias mountain reaches it's highest point with an obvious hotel and a large parking space. The road is not a dead end though and drops down again after the village.

The villa stands on the other side of the road from the hotel on a small cliff thingy and above a small restaurant whose food I highly recommend. You are well away from the tourist trail here and the food is cheap and authentic.

Well worth dropping down the other of the mountain afterwards to visit the much less visited west coast.

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Didn't get to see the tunnels im afraid, but did stumble across this place on the way to the villa, its just down the road near Salakos..

IMG_3848_zpsiprqa7pd.jpg

IMG_3847_zpst9fpyxnr.jpg

IMG_3844_zpsjbchhf7j.jpg

IMG_3843_zpspere5ohy.jpg

IMG_3840_zpsffaraa5q.jpg

IMG_3831_zpsjyo1xqkn.jpg

IMG_3826_zpsljfgmihk.jpg

IMG_3825_zps5m0thha0.jpg

vamp-v2

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went there yesterday. Place still looks fairly the same. Quite a few people there so as the house is located near a hike path of some sort. Didn’t have much of an urbx vibe. Still cool so.

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We shall be popping back in a couple of weeks, be rude not to have another look.