real time web analytics
Report - - Volcrepe Rubber, Glossop - 11/08/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Volcrepe Rubber, Glossop - 11/08/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T

ThenewMendoza

Met up with Dodge, Havoc, Saul_Son, Gibbo and R1 and headed convoy style over to Glossop to have a nosey at a couple of places. The first turned out to be sealed tighter than a gnat's chuff (see report 'rocket factory') so off we went to the other side of town to have a look at Volcrepe - Wood's Mill.

This company was involved in the manufacture of industrial cellular rubbers which had a wide range of applications in the aerospace, automobile, building, domestic appliances, oil, packaging and telecommunications industries (I just cut and paste that from their website, viewable by clicking here).

I also noticed a small note as I walked around which suggested they supplied products to Doctor Martin's, so if you've owned a pair in the last few years, chances are, the soles were made from a product that came from this factory! :thumb

Anyway, the site is entirely free from chav damage meaning most of the decay is natural, very nice. Righto, enough words, pictures.

Havoc, this one's for you mate. :D

Volcrepe7.jpg

Rubbery things...?

Volcrepe4.jpg

Chair shot (Obligatory).

Volcrepe2.jpg

Natural decay....nice.

Volcrepe3.jpg

Volcrepe5.jpg

:confused:

Volcrepe1.jpg

A nice little explore this one, enjoyed it a lot. And it was good to meet some of the Manchester bunch again. How's your crow-inflicted wound, Gibbo?:D

:)

TnM

dodgerat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Volcrepe Rubber, Glossop - Report 11/08/07

Good find this one, place was a good size with lots of character.

Inside the bridge, sauna like temperatures and a dodgy floor with a 20foot drop :eek:

DSCF3626.jpg

More rubber thingies

DSCF3631.jpg

Quite a unique room - Stained glass windows...

DSCF3634.jpg

...and probably my favourite shot a cart with original cobbled floor :)

DSCF3636.jpg

Fire at some point?

DSCF3641.jpg

DSCF3642.jpg

Long dead :(

DSCF3640.jpg

The death slide

DSCF3643.jpg

Lots of light

DSCF3645.jpg

Could explain the section once used as a garden centre ;)

DSCF3651.jpg

The last meal

DSCF3647.jpg

Fan

DSCF3649.jpg

DSCF3658.jpg

A teaser for R1, what brand hides behind the sticker!

DSCF3654.jpg

pipes

DSCF3655.jpg

One of my few exterior shots

DSCF3666.jpg

Ladder to heaven

DSCF3663.jpg