real time web analytics
Report - - Votty & Bowydd Quarry/Diffwys Quarry, Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales, August 2021 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Votty & Bowydd Quarry/Diffwys Quarry, Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales, August 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Moelwyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm planning on going here once the weather improves, what's the trek like up to it? as I'm of a certain age and riddled with arthritis in my feet.
It is definitely a hike from Blaenau Ffestiniog (200m altitude) to the quarries around Maenofferen (400m altitude but can be avoided. Take the small road from Llan Ffestiniog north east up the Afon Teigl valley for around 3 miles to the small car park outside the Manod quarry (what3words modem.singled.surpasses). That's 500m altitude reached without breaking into a sweat. A few yards north join the Rhiwbach tramway for the 3km walk on the level, passing Llyn Bowydd, see photo, which brings you out above the Maenofferen complex. Still an incline but not a difficult one.

Coflein is the online database for the National Monuments Record of Wales and has some good mapping as well as descriptions of thousands of Welsh archaeological sites:

Who has read this thread (Total: 217) View details