real time web analytics
Report - - Walkleys Mill - Mytholmroyd - March 2015 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Walkleys Mill - Mytholmroyd - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cheers for the feedback as always Guys! :thumb

Speed - Does it surprise you really mate? Just look at the engineers workshops at Pilkingtons that most people turned a blind eye to... Makes you wonder how much else is still out there, even at popular sites!

Cuuvin - I do fella, will pop a few more on my flickr for those interested! :)

Urbexplore - Feel free mate, and cheers again for reminding me to take a look!

Dweeb - I had a suspicion that there must be more to it myself, glad it produced!

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi
Great report and pictures from Walleys. You may be interested in the following link:
http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...ley_Top_Forge_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1043072.jpg

It is a photo of the steam engine from where it was rescued before being put in at Walkleys as a tourist attraction!

Cheers all!

DeadManWalking - Nice find mate! Love to see stuff like that, shame they went to the effort of saving the engine for it to just be left abandoned literally a few years later though...

danensis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very interesting. My late wife used to work there, as a waitress in the restaurant, and in the Christmas Shop. It's such a shame that it has been left in such a state.

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Proper interesting report. Nice machinery too, those engine shots are cracking :thumb