real time web analytics
Report - - Wallerscote Island - Northwich May 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wallerscote Island - Northwich May 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ThisIsMore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

This is for all you hdr haters <3

i managed to get out with Anoxia, Ibex and one of our good friends for a very good explore which is very close to home! i have visited here before but didn't venture deep inside like we did this time! and I'm so glad we did, its safe to say i had a small industry fix, with it being me top subject to explore, practiasclly every other explorer i know who has been here has had stake outs or had the run around or been caught, we had nothing of the sort, not a secca in sight for the 3/4 hours we were there, so all in all dead chilled.

Here is a little history for you all, borrowed this from somewhere..

Wallerscote Island Soda Ash Works – Northwich
John Brunner and Ludwig Mond were industrial chemists. Their company was originally formed in 1873. They built Winnington Works in Northwich, Cheshire and produced their first soda ash a year later. They used brine solution, ammonia and limestone to produce sodium carbonate in pure form, and with fewer by-products using the solvay process. They chose Winnington because it sits on a bed of salt 600 feet thick, is fairly close to the Buxton limestone quarries and had good transport links.
By 1881, the partnership was well established and became a limited company, producing 200,000 tons of soda ash each year. Brunner Mond established themselves as the country’s biggest soda ash producer and continued to expand. In time, Brunner Mond & Co. provided virtually all of Britain’s soda ash, and became the world’s largest alkali exporter. Wallerscote island Works was completed in 1926. An almost bizarre like construction of silos and huge metal sheds although all were integral parts of the original structure. The company later became part of ICI which is now owned by Tata.
Sodium Carbonate is a widely used in industry for casting and glassmaking. It is commonly used in chemistry as a base and an electrolyte. It is also used domestically in detergents, dyes and toothpaste as well as tasty sherbet sweets!

On with the photos...

8724373164_847096d9bb_z.jpg

8723245875_d5e4af168e_z.jpg

8724376320_a12e758042_z.jpg

8723230497_66fd6faa28_z.jpg

8724381234_a879030365_z.jpg

8724339298_a7eee40cc3_z.jpg

8724321772_bcb11c2f4f_z.jpg

8724388766_358959f49d_z.jpg

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey these are great pictures! the place looks great from the inside :thumb as you can see on my profile I've been on the metal structure outside (on one of your pictures- when your up the ladder) and into a small area of the factory. I know its not exactly allowed but was just wondering if you could tell me if you got into this part via the metal structure on the other side of the river or by going to the wallerscote island side... if that makes sense?

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey these are great pictures! the place looks great from the inside :thumb as you can see on my profile I've been on the metal structure outside (on one of your pictures- when your up the ladder) and into a small area of the factory. I know its not exactly allowed but was just wondering if you could tell me if you got into this part via the metal structure on the other side of the river or by going to the wallerscote island side... if that makes sense?

If you know it"s not exactly allowed, why are you asking for access details on a public viewable Forum :rolleyes:
There"s such a thing as common sense in these matters and common sense dictates that if you can read it so can everybody else inc the chavs, Secca etc etc

Last edited: