real time web analytics
Report - - Wallerscote Soda Ash Works - 11.06.07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wallerscote Soda Ash Works - 11.06.07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member
WOW...what can I say other than that.

This place is huge. Its a maze of gantries, ladders and walkways...and we picked an awesome day to go aswell, blue skies as far as the eye could see.

Met up with Romanian1, Damon and Lawrence (nice one guys for showing me around) nice to put some faces to names.

Had a top trip, its really dusty here though. Very very dusty!

anywho, here's the pictures...

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

w7.jpg

w8.jpg

w9.jpg

w10.jpg

w11.jpg

w12.jpg

w13.jpg

w14.jpg

w15.jpg

turk ;)

R

romanian1

Re: Wallerscote Soda Ash Works - 11.06.07 - Report

Nice Pics mate, love number 7 of me lining a shot up, and here is that very shot.

DSCF4696.jpg

My 5th trip here i think and probably my last, although i did say that the last time and the time before that i think.

Anyway,it seems i have a kind of love/hate relationship with this place, every time i go up the tower or up onto the higher walkways i get vertigo and every time i get down i vow im never going up again but like a true glutton for punishment im back for more every single time.

I love you/hate you, this is the kind of thing im talking about, looking down from one of the higher walkways, if you could hook me up to a heart monitor at the point i took that pic i reckon id be hitting a good 160bpm.:D
DSCF4711.jpg

Anyway, ive subjected you to more than enough of my photos over the other trips so i'll keep it reasonably low key.

Damon sets a shot up
DSCF4670.jpg

DSCF4705.jpg

DSCF4706.jpg

Damon and turk admire the view from the top of the tower whilst i cower in a corner:D
DSCF4716.jpg

And finally as it was such a strenuous explore we decided to have a quick sit down and watch the telly before we left. (left to right, Damon, Lawrence, Turk, me)
DSCF4731.jpg

D

Damon

Re: Wallerscote Soda Ash Works - 11.06.07 - Report

Go on, I'll hijack this one as well since I'm here and can't be arsed to find Lawrence's thread (sorry mate)

For anyone who intends to visit, I have two very important pieces of advice.

1. Wallescote is now on borrowed time. We saw abundant evidence of cleanup crews bagging up all the loose soda ash on the gantries and walkways.

2. Don't go with Turk, he's a right shot stealing bastard :p

On with the show.....

Taken BEFORE Turk robbed the shot with his mahooosive lens

Control.jpg

Random sack. Oddly not like a cement bag. This felt a lot like suede :confused:

Sack.jpg

Obligatory Industry V Nature shot

Floral.jpg

Attempt at HDR v.1 (a bit shit really, but it brought out the "lack of" details in the shadow)

Sink.jpg

Erm.... cogs.... Big cogs..

Cogs.jpg

Manc Crane

Crane.jpg

Time for a rest and a bit of TV. Turk wanted to watch Animal Planet. He was veto'd

TVtime.jpg

Eventually, the sun started to get to me...

Idiot.jpg

Attempt at HDR v.2 (a bit better)

WallescoteHDR.jpg

Double 'ard Bastards!

DodgyBastards.jpg

And an IR view of the live site across the road (not the live part of Wallescote, a completely different site)

IRview.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details