real time web analytics
Warplan london | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Warplan london

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wasnotgod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just got hold of a dvd called warplan london and warplan usa, loads of old public service films and quite indepth about roc post's and other bunkers in london, i imagine im way way behind on this so i expect a damn good flaming.

wasnotgod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's the one Alias, plus there are about 8 old cival defence movies form the 60/70s from the Uk and The US

1. ABOUT FALLOUT (1953) - 8 mins 20 secs
2. ABOUT FALLOUT (NEW 1963 EDITION) - 23 mins 33 secs
3. ATOMIC ALERT (1951) - 10 mins 33 secs
4. OPERATION CUE (1955) - 15 mins 10 secs
5. A DAY CALLED X - Part I (1955) - 11 mins 46secs
6. A DAY CALLED X - Part II (1955) - 15 mins 25 secs
7. ATOM BOMB (1946) - 7 mins 26 secs

1. DUCK AND COVER - 9 mins 15 secs
2. OUR CITIES MUST FIGHT - 8 mins 56 secs
3. RADIOLOGICAL DEFENSE - 27 mins 30 secs
4. SURVIVAL UNDER ATOMIC ATTACK - 8 mins 46 secs
5. THE HOUSE IN THE MIDDLE - 12 mins 10 secs
6. THE MEDICAL EFFECTS OF NUCLEAR RADIATION - 20 mins 14 secs

anybody needs a copy let me know, happy to help

wasnotgod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Must say that some of them old films are really scary, scary how naive people were back then.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I don't think naive really. Those same weapons, or bigger, badder ones, are still pointing at us right now. I still haven't got a food stash, portable radio, or a protective room.

I'm not naive to it though.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
It's risk vs. effort, I suppose - the chances of nuclear war are much, much less now, so most people won't prepare. Also, most people live in cities - with modern weapons, no-one in a city is going to survive the initial blast, so preparation would be a waste of time.

wasnotgod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry didn't explain myself fully, i ment naive in the way they thought diving behind a sofa or laying face down in the street would help shield them from the blast, also in the film The House in the Middle they are telling people to keep there homes tidy and painted and this will help protect them during an atomic war.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
What do you do? You've got four minutes to find shelter. You might be in the street, or down a lane, miles from home. The government knew the score, they had big bunkers. There wasn't a policy to protect the population like that.

A clean and tidy house would help you survive. Think... there wouldn't be any electricity. You don't want to be falling over piles of crap, and you want to find things where they should be, quickly, to avoid exporsure to radiation. Also, if it's clean, you're less likely to get an illness. You're probably on the edge anyway, so anything you can do to improve your lot must surely help?

wasnotgod

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Maybe you should see these films as im not doing a very good job explaining what there like, there very Mr Chumly Warner, it's like they learn't nothing from Hiroshima.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details