real time web analytics
Report - - Wellesley Nautical School (Blyth) 03/06/07 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wellesley Nautical School (Blyth) 03/06/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nemesis

28DL Member
28DL Member
Well after a couple of failed attempts earlier in the year, I finally got a look round 'some' of the buildings at the old Wellesley Nautical School in Blyth Northumberland. (Incidentally, it is up For Sale, if you’ve got a spare £20 million! :eek: )

Unknown to me, they started to demolish it last week, so I missed the opportunity of getting into a lot of the buildings, including the Sports Hall and the Dining Hall, among others :mad: .

I did however, manage the Chapel, in which I found myself in one of the smallest, most interesting rooms I've ever found when out and about!

Below are some pics of the school, and soon to follow will be the pics of the Chapel.

Nem

th_Wellesley_086.jpg
th_Wellesley_078.jpg
th_Wellesley_076.jpg
th_Wellesley_071.jpg
th_Wellesley_066.jpg
th_Wellesley_064.jpg
th_Wellesley_063.jpg
th_Wellesley_062.jpg
th_Wellesley_060.jpg
th_Wellesley_058.jpg
th_Wellesley_057.jpg

Nemesis

28DL Member
28DL Member
Re: Wellesley Nautical School (Blyth) 03/06/07 REPORT

As mentioned earlier, the chapel was still standing when I was there, and what an interesting place! It was my first stop off, and in the end I had to drag myself away 'cos I had the rest of the 28 acre site to cover, and the light was fast diminishing!

Sorry about the quality of some of the images, but the room was that small I had nowhere to rest the tripod, so it was being used as a monopod!

Enjoy,
Nem.

th_Wellesley_013.jpg
th_Wellesley_001.jpg
th_Wellesley_042.jpg
th_Wellesley_019.jpg
th_Wellesley_018.jpg
th_Wellesley_024.jpg
th_Wellesley_021.jpg
th_Wellesley_040.jpg
th_Wellesley_039.jpg
th_Wellesley_028.jpg
th_Wellesley_008.jpg
th_Wellesley_006.jpg
th_Wellesley_004.jpg

Dave clark

28DL Member
28DL Member
I was at the school in 1976 I have some good memories of the place funnily enough, the sports fields were fantastic, anyone out who remembers me get in touch, I'm not on Facebook but I have an email address, if this jars anyone's memory I was from Oxford and my name is Dave Clark fingers crossed

Sinista22

28DL Member
28DL Member
Wow that's a blast from the past I was in Wellesley in the early 90s I livedin the unit right by the Chapel wow so strange seeing the place again after all this time